Use vehicles in a deathmatch map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use vehicles in a deathmatch map

For our server I am creating an (ut2k4) deathmatch map in unrealed.
    Now I’m trying to figure out how ik can put the Onslaught vehicles in it.

Who can explain how/if it can be done?? Tanks!

don't do that... plz don't do it.. That ain't no fun anyway... No skill, no fun, no sense!

Comment

I must have missed the part of MasterDude's post where he said once he created the DM map with vehicles on it he would track down ThanadoS and chain him to a computer forcing him to play it.

I've got a good idea though, Epic should build a ThanadoS authorization button into Unreal Ed. Then no one can do any sort of modification to UT unless it is approved. Maybe this should extend to running servers as well, you can only run a server if the settings and maps are first approved by ThanadoS.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn Flak
        I must have missed the part of MasterDude's post where he said once he created the DM map with vehicles on it he would track down ThanadoS and chain him to a computer forcing him to play it.

I've got a good idea though, Epic should build a ThanadoS authorization button into Unreal Ed. Then no one can do any sort of modification to UT unless it is approved. Maybe this should extend to running servers as well, you can only run a server if the settings and maps are first approved by ThanadoS.
        :haha:

For the post:
        There are some mutators that make it possible, or you can make a new gametype...

Comment

Sorrt to tell you, your probably not gonna pull it off, since vehicles are dependent on game types, specificly ONS, and VCTF, and will not show up unless its one of those two game types.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn Flak

got issues?
            i just wanted to say that there is a huge amount of players who don't like that idea and i count to them because... yeah my opinion... did i sound offending?
            yeah i sounded offendiing indeed... im sorry. Just wanted to say something like:
            I'm not fond of this idea, however i do not even no how to realize that idea, sorry!
            Better?

Comment

If anyone figures it out.. give a yell.

Comment

You could always use the bulldog?

Comment

and why wasnt the bulldog used in UT2004? hmm? :-p i thought it was cool enough hehe.

Comment

the ideas i've had for a long time were to use vehicles in maps that are not team based and figured DM mode would suit my needs.. now it seems ya just cant use vehicles other than with teams. I hope there IS a way, but if not.. this really ****** me off.

Most of our group prefers going it alone in DM but we wanted very much to use the vehicles and also in other ways not in teams (by map editing, not script coding new gametypes.. if that would even solve the problem). I'm extremely dissappointed about this.

Yes, onslaught was fun for a while, but counted on other ways of using the vehicles.

:sour:

With all the options and settings there are in this game for setup and for actors attributes.. i would not have believed something as obvious as vehicles in ALL gametypes would have been left out. I'm not a programmer that can just whip up the script code to fix this. :cry:

EPIC, please show us there is a way to use vehicles in non-team maps.

Comment

Vehicle DM gametype will be done any day now! Im hoping the guy who did the VehicleInvasion mutator will do the DM one!

Im sure there will be a fix or a vehicle DM gametype made soon and then we can make some vehicle DM maps!

You can use the CL4 mutator right now in DM and its pretty fun but that mutator has some serious bugs if the server dont set it up right! Its a translocator that shoots out and spawns vehicles.

And the VehicleCTF maps are very easy to make but I think very soon a good mute maker will make the VDM gametype!

Comment

that would be good.. but it's another workaround. This should have been included in the game.. or more like NOT LEFT OUT.

I'll use it if it's the only way and be glad to get it. I HOPE somebody IS is working on this oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceDude
                          that would be good.. but it's another workaround. This should have been included in the game.. or more like NOT LEFT OUT.

I'll use it if it's the only way and be glad to get it. I HOPE somebody IS is working on this oversight.
                          It's not an oversight. The vehicles can only be summoned in certain gamemodes, which suggests it was limited very deliberately - the Assault vehicles are specific to certain maps and the Onslaught vehicles are balanced for that gametype. It's up to the mappers to code their own vehicles if they want them. Somebody just needs to do a non-spawned vehicle class which mappers can use, and I shouldn't think we'll have to wait too long.

Comment

I know it's a long shot but in UT1 scripted pawns didn't show up unless u put under each game type, in ur ini, bNoMonsters = false.
                            So.. can this be done with 2004?

Comment

I think it's a great idea. Make it, spread it around, advertise it.. put cupons in people's cereal!
                              Then maybe all those people who join onslaught mode to play "vehicle deathmatch" while the rest of us in the game get annoyed at them because all they do is hop in a vehicle and drive around trying to get frags, will have a better time of it. Of course, maybe they will on occasion jump out to step on a neutral node then fly away. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X