Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i make it Rain?

How do i make it Rain?
    I can make it snow, but when i switch it to Rain or Dust, it does nothing? :weird:

WHY??

[ Actor -> xWeatherEffect ] right?

I just copy them from other maps, I haven't even bothered trying to get them to work on my own yet. Electric Fields has one.

Comment

If you can make snow then just asign a different texture and a different velocity/acceleration.

Comment

I usually try the traditional Hopi rain dance first.
        If that fails.. I pay some loser cropduster to seed the clouds with dry ice.
        And if THAT doesn't work, I just make plans to have a picnic with my family.
        It's almost a sure thing then. :bulb:

-=sneak

sorry d00d.. i agree with Noz. switching the texture should work for ya.

Comment

I don't think the weather effects have an alterable texture. It's just a setting for "rain", "dust" or "snow" etc.

Comment

you can change the texture i think...

and the scale and density...

and dont forget you can tag volumes to NOT have rain in them also...

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky_usb
              I usually try the traditional Hopi rain dance first.
              If that fails.. I pay some loser cropduster to seed the clouds with dry ice.
              And if THAT doesn't work, I just make plans to have a picnic with my family.
              It's almost a sure thing then. :bulb:

-=sneak
              I had a feeling you were gonna say that.:haha:

Comment

After you make the rain....you then have to place volumes in the areas where you don't want rain/snow. They must have the same tag as the xEmitter. In the Epic maps, for example, they use the tag "NoRain".

Comment

Working...
                X