teleports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teleports

hi i and a total beginner at mapping and my question is, how do i make teleports?

i want them to be visible and i want them to go to a place at the top of my map but how can i do this and at the top i want a teleport so you can go back down.

Actor Browser >> NavigationPoint >> SmallNavigationPoint >> Teleporter. Put a unique name in its Teleporter >> URL, and the same name in the others Events >> Tag. Do the same thing to get it to teleport you back. To make it visible, add an xEmitter on it.

Comment

i noticed the URL and knew this was something to do with it but i didnt see the events >tag but now i know thank you

Comment

hi

i tried this but i could not get it to go anywhere

the teleporter URL is called teleporter1 and its tag is teleporter1
        i want this to go to the URL teleporter 2
        teleprter 2's URL is teleporter2 and tag teleporter2

what do i need to do

Comment

You're telling them to teleport to themselves. You need to put teleporter1's URL as teleporter2 and vice versa.

Comment

ok, lol opps

how would i make one that can teleport to a couple of places

Comment

Just put the same Tag in a couple of them. You won't be able to pick which one you go to though, for that you'd have to make more than one starting point.

Comment

thats fine i wanted it a random anyway

i first thought you would have to put in teleport2's url: teleport1, teleport2

but using the same tag makes sense

Comment

Working...
                X