The Longest Snow Day - Treehouse Turret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Saturday evening update, we have a team meeting at 10pm, so ive been working on this all day. I changed the logs, and made them into planks of wood like in the concept. and now the iceicles are geometry, made up of 5 sided cones, that were merged. its still under under 2500 for the house.

I like the mesh iceicles better than the texture ones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Toothless
    Looks very cool! I love creative stuff

just a hint incase you didn't know after your done with the original either reduce the poly count on that mesh or build a new one with similar shape but less poly for collision as dead people tend to fall thru meshes. or in your case Frozen peeps.
    Not if you set "Simple Karma Collision" to false.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dead people tend to fall thru meshes!

hahaha, hopefully the level designer knows that . I'll have to let him know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Original concept :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks very cool! I love creative stuff

just a hint incase you didn't know after your done with the original either reduce the poly count on that mesh or build a new one with similar shape but less poly for collision as dead people tend to fall thru meshes. or in your case Frozen peeps.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic The Longest Snow Day - Treehouse Turret

The Longest Snow Day - Treehouse Turret

This is my first post on the atari forums, so go easy on me .

Im working on a new mod, thats in production. Its called The Longest Snow Day. Its snow ball fighting!

anyways, Im the static mesh modeler, and I wanted to post a model im working on for the turret mesh which is a Treehouse!

concept by Jerry carr

wireframe and shade view

early iceicles

Iceicles tests

we are looking at an april 14th demo release, to get some feedback. and we'll be showing our beta at GDC. So at the moment we're all in crunch time, but I wanted to get some feedback from everyone on the model im creating.
Working...
X