problem making two story building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem making two story building

So i'm trying to make two story building in unreal level editor, but when i add the second cube using the additive brush (hollow brush=true). the texture, does seem to apply to the whole brush. it only applies to part of it? Is it because i have two brushes too close to each other? any ideas?

i've been trying multiple things with this additive brush. When i add this brush with the texture, it makes it additive brush that's half the size i wanted ? it's weird, my constructor brush(red) is much bigger than the the blue one i get after i use additive brush. any ideas? is this a software bug?

Comment

I presume your play area is first a large subtracted area? And now you're 'adding' within that subtracted bsp area...? And, we're talking UT2004 here...

Also that you're keeping to UT sizes and have grid snap always on? Sizes: 8, 16, 64, 128, 192, 256, 512 etc?

Hollow brush. That would be for making a hollow structure so with walls, and from that you'll later 'subtract' windows and doors? And the WallThickness, probably be default: 16.00000?

If so, fine. Often when I'm 'adding' a texture won't appear, but after a rebuild everything's ok.

Your brush size problem is probably you've accidentally scaled the red brush. Click the red brush and check the bottom line of the editor: DrawScale3d should be 1.0 1.0 1.0 Also check within the red brush itself: Display > DrawScale3d: also should be 1.0 1.0 1.0

I hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
      X