best way to make a roof for a house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to make a roof for a house

best way to make a roof for a house? 3 triangles? i don't know how i should go about doing this any advice. by the way, where i can find some textures for a house online, like brick textures or does unreal come with some brick textures built in? where can i find it. let me know, thanks.

i used a square builder brush and moved the vertices on one end of it so it slants, so it makes a wedge, now duplicate the brush and rotate it around to make reverse wedge for other side,

as far as brick textures in ut2004
    check packages here:

Bricks: AW-CityStuff, x_jm-Prefabs,cp_wasteland, Arborea_Architecture(COOL mossy stones)
    X_Mechcity1_CP(has brick and cool tile textures), X_SC_City (has rubble,brick,cloud,sky, door and city textures)
    X_jm-prefabs(has tech,window,building and spacetube wall texture)

check this out too
    http://builderbrush.com/content/ut2004-texture-index

or how about this:
    http://freetextures.3dtotal.com/inde...=Texture/Metal

although you can look up photo realistic texture package which a lot of people use for their maps and are seamless and are free to use:
    http://www.quakeunity.com/file=1805

Comment

I'd say, using the 2D Shape Editor seems the safer way of doing it because moving vertices can have nasty consequences.

Comment

sly, thanks for the reply, but how can i make the roof and align it perfectly atop the house cube? How do i make it the right size etc. ? i'm having problems making it right now, any tips?

Comment

You should know what size the brush of your house has. Then you can set the grid (in the 2D Editor) to that size (I assume you have worked with the exponential function 2^x to get the sizes of your brush, at least it would be perfect and cause less errors in your BSP architecture, it's how binary is being converted in decimal numbers, that's why your grid size is 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, etc.) and align the vertices on it. Before you place the house, you will have to check if the builderbrush sits perfectly on top of it, but if you have mapped in a "clean" way, you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Comment

the brush of the house is 512x512x512 and there is a room inside and i created the house first (additive inside a huge cube), then added a small room with a additive brush again. and then used a subtracted brush to cut a small door, in what order do you recommend i go about this? i need a house with a roof, a room, and door and what texture package or mesh package has a door? so in my case, my grid in 2d shape editor should be 512? can i email this ut2 map so you can check it out? what tool i use, extruded shape or something else? and thanks.

Comment

nevermind, figured it out.

Comment

I like your concept and thinking...there are many types of textures available in market...You can try any of them...

Comment

Working...
                X