monster blocking volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monster blocking volume

hi, i was searching for a way to block monsters from transporting to other rooms,
    is that possible?
    maybe a blocking volume or something,

i was also wondering if there is a way to put the shield gun effect that makes shock rifle bubbles bounce off, i wanted to put that in a map

thanks for any help,

p.s. cool upgrade on the forums

There is no way to block these monsters since they are invasion monsters. They will keep teleporting to other navigation points on your map because that's what they are coded for: In case they got stuck or in case the player cannot find them, they will just teleport to the player. You would have to make your own monster classes and include them, or use the "Old Skool Monster Toolz" (OSMT), they include scripted monsters which behave normally and do not teleport.

Comment

ok
      i will check into the osmt
      thanks for the help

Comment

As for the Shield Gun, you would have to change the Shock Rifle projectile instead, since that is where all the options like that are set.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
          There is no way to block these monsters since they are invasion monsters. They will keep teleporting to other navigation points on your map because that's what they are coded for: In case they got stuck or in case the player cannot find them, they will just teleport to the player. You would have to make your own monster classes and include them, or use the "Old Skool Monster Toolz" (OSMT), they include scripted monsters which behave normally and do not teleport.
          Nice, I knew they teleported, but didn't know about a fix. Always good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            As for the Shield Gun, you would have to change the Shock Rifle projectile instead, since that is where all the options like that are set.
            i'm not sure if that involves scripting as far as getting the effect i want,
            but basically i wanted to make it so if i shoot a specific wall with the shock rifle with the secondary fire - the bubble would bounce off that wall,
            i thought maybe it had some property that a certain volume might have,
            i haven't had any luck yet

Comment

there was a mutator for the shock rifle ,i think, or it may have been for the rocket launcher, so when you shoot a wall it bounces - i also think you could adjust how many times it will bounce,

does anyone know where i can find this mutator?

i really think this would be amazing if i can find a way to use a volume or something to make weapon fire bounce off walls or volumes
              , any map with this in it be a priority download for me, anyone know of one?

Comment

Originally posted by Parkis G View Post
                there was a mutator for the shock rifle ,i think, or it may have been for the rocket launcher, so when you shoot a wall it bounces - i also think you could adjust how many times it will bounce,

does anyone know where i can find this mutator?

i really think this would be amazing if i can find a way to use a volume or something to make weapon fire bounce off walls or volumes
                , any map with this in it be a priority download for me, anyone know of one?
                Yes, I made one. DM-Shine (Current: B4).

You can play it on Death Warrant Most Infamous Arena TAM/Freon server 216.86.152.24:6666.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
                  Yes, I made one. DM-Shine (Current: B4).

You can play it on Death Warrant Most Infamous Arena TAM/Freon server 216.86.152.24:6666.
                  I am eager to try out the map DM-ShineB4 , i did find a link on this link http://www.clandw.org/forums/19/3774
                  but the map doesn't show up in my ut2004 menu, i also tried to open it in unrealed and it crashed,
                  do i need other things installed other than whats in the DM-SHineB4.zip ?

Comment

Yup. You need TAM/Freon. Once the next version is ready I'll probably go in and remove the dependency on that.

Comment

cool, i got the dm-shine to play, but i guess you need the tam setup for it to work, i will look it up online, is that a deathmatch or invasion server?
                      thank you for the help on that,
                      i hope that maybe i could get it to work without the tam mutator

i do like what great emerald said about the projectile properties, i did like looking into this, and i may go with iit, at least it will work with what i want to do, thanks GE

Comment

i found some weapons with reflective shots,
                        i was originally looking for a shock ball that reflects off walls,
                        i haven't tested it yet but the user GlassBoy has made a weapons mutator and sounds pretty cool,
                        here is a link i found to it

http://www.gamefront.com/files/SEARC.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Working...
                        X