Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Blocking problems

Hi

I got this major problem, for some reason there is this area in my map which i can't get past, i can jump over it and get the other side but it still blocks me. I've checked and theres no blocking volume there, i've copied the BSP to new "world" and still hasn't worked. I don't really wanna start my map again, but this problem might mean i have too.

Please help.

Thx's

MsM:up:

Check blocking by collisions around static meshes, there are some commands to show collision lines while in game, I assume they will show you where it comes from

Comment

I'm using usualy msh i use in my other maps and had no problems with them.

I have check the collison volumes and still that blocking problem is still there.

MsM:up:

Comment

If I got some money every time i saw a thread with 'Weird blocking problems' as the subject, i'd be very rich

Apparently there is a mesh in one of the standard packages with a freaky collision volume. Also there are some other assorted weird bugs.

A search of this forum might be useful, cause I know this has been answered before.

Comment

It may be a bsp error. Go back and start deleting and rebuilding the bsp in the order that you built it one by one. If you run the map again and the blocking is gone, then you've found whats been causing the error. Usually sheet bsp (even intersected) can cause this. I had this bsp error that didn't show up visibly, yet it blocked my way. I could jump on it, walk on it, and it was all because of some sheet brushes.

Comment

Unless its indeed a bsp error (didnt know it still happenend since ut2003 ) try type at the console:
            kdraw collision

it will show all karma collisions, maybey it from there.

Comment

Also, set "show collision" in UED on. See if there's anything you can see. This might do the same as what Kaoh said BTW.

Comment

the command shows karma collisions.

Comment

If it's a BSP error......he'll never find it.

Comment

:haha: :up:

i had this happen while adding trim. it WAS a bsp problem, with the new trim. moving it a tad fixed it. if you can just find the problem

Comment

Its the bloody bsp and bug checking that makes mapping take so long for me. You should get into the habit of remembering what order you apply brushes. That way, it'll be easier to track errors.

Comment

Only time I had this was a BSP error, I made a wheeled cart and some part of that created a wall for like 10 feet. I saw a shadow in a wierd place and I just moved the brushes a bit and rebuilt and it was fine.

sometimes this can happen if you've moved vertices on a brush and created uneven lines in the brush

Comment

We need to find out where bsp error lives and go kick his ***!!!!!

Comment

Nearly 99% of Yournans BSP overlaps itself. Fixing BSP errors won't be easy.

Comment

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/BSP_Hole[

Comment

Working...
                              X