Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How to extract UT3 content for UT2004?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@meowcat

Will check those out.Forgot to ask about the weird problem with the CTF flag bases that float in the air as you can see in the screenies.If I move the flags to the floor so the flag base is sitting on the floor and then rebuild the bot paths the editor pushes them back up into the air so they still float.Is that a bug of the porting process from UT to UT2k4 or something else? I have deleted them and added them from the actor class the fall under and it still happens.

Thanks.

Comment

hmm, I think I've seen that problem before but don't quite remember what caused it. Are you sure there are not any "hidden" collision volumes below the base? You can check for those in UEd by right-clicking on the gray border at the top of the 3D view window then going to the View->Show Collision option. Have you changed the drawscale at all?

If nothing else is colliding, then maybe try adjusting the BaseOffset.Z value in the x"color"Flagbase under the xRealCTFbase default property. While I don't think it will show up in the editor, it should affect its positioning in game.

Comment

Originally posted by meowcat View Post
        hmm, I think I've seen that problem before but don't quite remember what caused it. Are you sure there are not any "hidden" collision volumes below the base? You can check for those in UEd by right-clicking on the gray border at the top of the 3D view window then going to the View->Show Collision option. Have you changed the drawscale at all?

If nothing else is colliding, then maybe try adjusting the BaseOffset.Z value in the x"color"Flagbase under the xRealCTFbase default property. While I don't think it will show up in the editor, it should affect its positioning in game.
        All that I did was use UT3 converter to scale the re-port to 1.25x and not in unrealed as the 1.1 scale was too small and therefore did not look right at all.I did think of looking in the flag bases collision setting but wasn't until I asked.Will try changing those settings and hopefully it fixes it.

I turned on the collision setting and I did not see anything out of the ordinary.I am glad I did the scale up because it feels right and look right.I just need to fix that problem and getting the two animated blue particle textures from UT99 created to fix the mini health "mods" so the re-port is authentic!

Thanks

Comment

hmm, does the UT3 converter scale everything? (including pathnodes' collision size, lights etc.) I would recommend checking to make sure that the drawscale/drawscale3D and collision size of the flag bases match the default values as that could easily cause some visual differences.

Also, you might want to select all brushes and then right-click and use the "brush-> transform permanently" option since scaling brushes is not always a good idea (never mind the horrible off-grid alignments of other scaled map conversions' brushes that prevent any further "clean" brushwork or staticmesh alignment to the grid).

Comment

hmm, does the UT3 converter scale everything? (including pathnodes' collision size, lights etc.) I would recommend checking to make sure that the drawscale/drawscale3D and collision size of the flag bases match the default values as that could easily cause some visual differences.

Also, you might want to select all brushes and then right-click and use the "brush-> transform permanently" option since scaling brushes is not always a good idea (never mind the horrible off-grid alignments of other scaled map conversions' brushes that prevent any further "clean" brushwork or staticmesh alignment to the grid).
            Yes it does scale everything to fit the bigger size.I must just check the default sizes of some of the pickups so I can be sure that the are the right drawscale,etc..As I said I deleted the flag bases that were in the map from the map conversion and added the default ones from the actor browser from within unrealed v3.0 and that did not work.

I removed some volumes that were created by the port but that still doesn't help and changing the baseoffset.z values also don't help at all.The only solution is to re-build the bot pathing and then move the flags down until the base is on the floor in-game.The bots still go for the flags so that is the only fix I can use atm....Weird?

Comment

hmm yeah that is strange. I apologize about the base offset setting, I misread the code (I saw the spawn code referencing it...specifically for placing the flagbase decoration, xCTFBase, at the correct height...).

Comment

I found that the sniper rifle ammo had been scaled to 1.25 while it is suppose to be 1.00 which I scaled them to.The rocket ammo was scaled to 0.825 while it is normally 0.70 which I scaled them to but I am not sure on what to scale the UT med box and keg o' health to though... The asmd ammo is scaled to the right size but I use great emerald's display scale fix for them anyway so they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by maxdamage View Post

The following two pics show the UT health pack and keg o' health "mods" that I need help with creating the UT99 blue animated particle texture (I think they are the botpack.Shanefx.top3 animated tex and Unrealshare.WEffect1.WaterEffect1 from UT99) in UT2k4:

Anyone? I have contacted someone here that suppose to be with the ChaosUT mod as one of the maps has a copy of the animated fire texture from UT iirc as I would like to know how to recreate those plus the two blue particle textures and the animated water effect as well in unrealed v3.0.

Thanks.

Comment

These are the animated textures from Unreal\UT99 what I am talking about:

Comment

I'm looking at UT's water and lava textures right now. They are set up to use a base texture (look at the texture section in your examples, most seem to be in genfluid.utx) which is dynamically altered with various effects in the WaterPaint section. These procedural textures still can be used in UT2004, but are a bit tricky to set up and have some limitations, according to this thread. The key is having a P8 texture as the base, which you can just take straight from UT, just open UT's genfluid.utx in UT2004's editor.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                        I'm looking at UT's water and lava textures right now. They are set up to use a base texture (look at the texture section in your examples, most seem to be in genfluid.utx) which is dynamically altered with various effects in the WaterPaint section. These procedural textures still can be used in UT2004, but are a bit tricky to set up and have some limitations, according to this thread. The key is having a P8 texture as the base, which you can just take straight from UT, just open UT's genfluid.utx in UT2004's editor.
                        Thanks!!!! The Wet textures and Fire paint textures ported from Unreal\UT work like a dream as seen in the following screenies:
                        and
                        Click on the thumbnails to have a larger pic loaded.

Now to figure how to port the Watereffect1 and top3 animated textures into unrealed v3.0.Unfortunately they are in the Unrealshare.u file\package...Tried to open the .u package in unrealed v3.0 but the editor crashed as expected.

[edit]idea did not work.

Comment

Open unrealshare.u in the UT Unreal ED TEXTURE browser. Then export the textures as pcx. The first time I tried exporting, the program crashed, but I ran it again in "Administrator" mode and it worked, and I was able to import it to 2k4 just fine.

Comment

Open unrealshare.u in the UT Unreal ED TEXTURE browser. Then export the textures as pcx. The first time I tried exporting, the program crashed, but I ran it again in "Administrator" mode and it worked, and I was able to import it to 2k4 just fine.
                            I can't load UT's (UT GOTYE non Anthology version) unrealed on my dad's laptop which runs Vista Home Basic and I get this message:
                            Log: Log file open, 02/17/15 18:01:05
                            Init: Name subsystem initialized
                            Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0 (Build: 6002)
                            Init: Version: 436
                            Init: Compiled: Oct 24 2000 12:22:20
                            Init: Command line:
                            Init: Base directory: C:\UnrealTournament\System\
                            Init: Character set: Unicode
                            Log: Bound to Editor.dll
                            Log: Bound to Core.dll
                            Log: Bound to Engine.dll
                            Log: Bound to Window.dll
                            Init: Object subsystem initialized
                            Init: Computer: maxdamage
                            Init: User: maxdamage
                            Init: Memory total: Phys=1832644K Pagef=3921820K Virt=2097024K
                            Init: Working set: 32000 / 159000
                            Init: CPU Speed=2100.003401 MHz
                            Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=1
                            Init: CPU Detected: Unknown processor (AuthenticAMD)
                            Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX KNI 3DNow!
                            Init: Unreal engine initialized
                            Log: Bound to Galaxy.dll
                            Init: Galaxy is using WinMM
                            Init: Galaxy initialized
                            Init: Transaction tracking system initialized
                            Log: Bound to Fire.dll
                            Log: Bound to IpDrv.dll
                            Log: Bound to UWeb.dll
                            Log: Bound to WinDrv.dll
                            Init: Mouse info: 6 10 1
                            Init: Initializing DirectDraw
                            Log: DirectDraw drivers:
                            Log: display (Primary Display Driver)
                            Init: DirectDraw initialized successfully
                            Init: Client initialized
                            Log: Bound to Render.dll
                            Init: Lighting subsystem initialized
                            Init: Rendering initialized
                            Init: Editor engine initialized
                            Log: Startup time: 11.490921 seconds
                            Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport0
                            Log: Opened viewport
                            Log: Bound to SoftDrv.dll
                            Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport1
                            Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport2
                            Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport3
                            Init: Input system initialized for MeshViewer
                            Critical: UFireTexture::ConstantTimeTick
                            Critical: UTexture::Tick
                            Critical: (FireTexture UnrealShare.Effect18.FireEffect18)
                            Critical: UTexture::Update
                            Critical: URender:rawLodMesh
                            Critical: (LodMesh UnrealShare.8Ball3rd)
                            Critical: DrawMesh
                            Critical: URender:rawActorSprite
                            Critical: URender:rawActor
                            Critical: REN_MeshView
                            Critical: UEditorEngine:raw
                            Critical: (Cam=MeshViewer,Flags=8832
                            Critical: UWindowsViewport::Repaint
                            Critical: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow
                            Critical: WBrowserMesh::RefreshViewport
                            Critical: WBrowserMesh::RefreshAll
                            Critical: WBrowserMesh::OnCreate
                            Critical: WM_CREATE
                            Critical: WWindow::WndProc
                            Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
                            Critical: PerformCreateWindowEx
                            Critical: WBrowser::OpenWindow
                            Critical: WBrowserMesh::OpenWindow
                            Critical: WM_BROWSER_UNDOCK
                            Critical: WEditorFrame::OnCommand
                            Critical: WM_HSCROLL
                            Critical: WWindow::WndProc
                            Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
                            Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                            Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
                            Warning: glxStopOutput() failed: 6
                            Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                            Log: DirectDraw End Mode
                            Exit: Exiting.
                            Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
                            Uninitialized: Log file closed, 02/17/15 18:02:51
                            I haven't done a complete re-install of the game yet when playing UT it is a bit slow and it feels like there something is slowing the game... On my badly messed up pc which runs win xp sp2 I have no problems with running UT's unrealed.

I have been trying to get Unreal Gold's(Anthology version) unrealed to run in Vista Home Basic and I get this message:
                            Error

Component 'Threed32.OCX' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid
                            . The file is there but I think that might have happened when I uninstalled Unreal(non Anthology version) after installing Unreal Gold and Unreal 2 from the Anthology Pack.

Thanks.

Comment

I don't know what's going on there exactly. Running things in administrator or compatibility mode might help. Also it might help to open your video card's software (Catalyst Control center or Nvidia's version) and turn off any sort of enhancements it might be doing for Unreal ed. For example, on my newest system, UT2004's editor wouldn't highlight surfaces - turning anti-aliasing off fixed that. So possibly there is a similar issue - changing your renderer open gl or even a custom renderer might help too. (UT was way too dark on Window 8.1 before I used this.)

If you just need a couple of textures exported though, I can do that for you.

Comment

I don't know what's going on there exactly. Running things in administrator or compatibility mode might help. Also it might help to open your video card's software (Catalyst Control center or Nvidia's version) and turn off any sort of enhancements it might be doing for Unreal ed. For example, on my newest system, UT2004's editor wouldn't highlight surfaces - turning anti-aliasing off fixed that. So possibly there is a similar issue - changing your renderer open gl or even a custom renderer might help too. (UT was way too dark on Window 8.1 before I used this.)

If you just need a couple of textures exported though, I can do that for you.
                                Compatibility mode nor admin mode works.. Never had a problem with UT in Vista being too dark.Will post a screenie of UT running in vista home basic.I do use custom opengl\d3d drivers for UT thought iirc.Will check on that to be sure. I did check in Unrealed v3.0 but does UT2k4 support DynamicAmbientSound actors like in Unreal\UT?

For my one map I was able to get everything I needed from Unreal\UT except those two fire textures for the UT health pack and keg o' health that is built-in to the .u files. Will try something I just thought of and will get back if that worked.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X