Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How to extract UT3 content for UT2004?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    It's a laptop. Of course it won't run well, what do you expect?
    Yeah an 8 year old laptop. This is the problem I am having with the laptop's hdd:
    But atm the laptop's cpu and hdd are getting really hot un-necessarily which is strange and it is affecting quite a few games on my laptop. I also need to merge the 2 partitions on the hdd so it will improve the performance a bit without having to loose the info on both partitions but I cannot find a free app that will do that...

Comment

Huh, I have (had) one like that as well. Amazing that you can even run UT2004 on it, I had problems running even Unreal 1 there. If it's hot, it's probably because of the dust. You should disassemble it and clean the dust there, it should improve the situation, or rather stop it from getting worse.

Merging partitions? That's impossible. But you can shrink and grow them. So you could copy things from one partition to the other until the other fills up, then resize both and repeat. But that will take a lot of time and there is little to be gained from that. Also, I suggest GPartEd for any partitioning needs.

Comment

Huh, I have (had) one like that as well. Amazing that you can even run UT2004 on it, I had problems running even Unreal 1 there. If it's hot, it's probably because of the dust. You should disassemble it and clean the dust there, it should improve the situation, or rather stop it from getting worse.

Merging partitions? That's impossible. But you can shrink and grow them. So you could copy things from one partition to the other until the other fills up, then resize both and repeat. But that will take a lot of time and there is little to be gained from that. Also, I suggest GPartEd for any partitioning needs.
        Laptop specs:
        P4 2.0 Ghz M
        40 GB hdd
        128MB ATI Radeon 340 IGP M
        1GB Ram
        WinXp Pro Sp2

Found this but it requires me to re-install the apps that were on the partition that is deleted,etc... Would love to upgrade the memory but the specs page is rather vague and a bit confusing as it doesn't specify whether you can upgrade the memory to 2GB or not?

Comment

Heres a pic of the column in the map:

and ingame on my laptop at max settings:

Comment

You can export ASE in Blender easily. You just have to use a plugin for it. There are plenty of those here:
            http://www.katsbits.com/tools/#ase
            Is there a .psk importer plug-in\script for Blender?I am busy downloading the latest version and python script as I was finally able to get access to my stuff on my laptop after four and a half months as the os was messed up and I could not use my main pc's install cd to do a repair install as it was badly scratched.

I want to finish some of my maps I was busy working on and I was thinking of adding some more stuff to my maps from UT3 but I need an app to import ut3 stuff in .ase format and I thought of using Blender since it is free.

Thanks.

Comment

I think it has one built in, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Nope, but that's what this is for.

(someone should post or at least link to it in a thread in the UT2004 forum)

Comment

No Sly, that's an exporter.

Comment

What about this? I didn't try the exporter yet, but it seems like it can import *.psk's
                    Originally posted by darknet View Post

[IMPORT PSK][update 2011.04.25]
                    path: blender.exe\2.5X\scripts\addons\io_import_scene_unreal_psk.py (currently built with svn)
                    - Import Skeletal Mesh
                    - Added single or multiples UV Texture(s) as well in material ID when face is assign.
                    - Added working weight for the mesh vertex group for the bones to link to it.
                    - material name (work in progress)
                    - Part working bone a bit. Bone Offset. (not working right now. More coding and math stuff with head, tail and roll.) The bone format is not correct fixed.

Comment

If there is an integrated importer, then there is no need to use it anyway. But, of course, could be that this has some special treatment for Unreal PSKs or something.

Comment

Where must I put the .py files for Bender?In the settings for Blender 2.57b the url for where addons are is not listed.Also when I tried to import the ase export .py script to use it I could not find it in the import\export activate plugin list?

Comment

A bit off topic but help that I need for a couple of maps that I am slowly fixing\finishing atm on my laptop.

What is the best sized terrain for vctf maps in ut2004?Here are the dimensions for my map atm:
                          [Base world dimensions][6400(h) x 26848(w) x 35600(b)]

Is there a mod\mutator that adds the aqualung from Unreal\UT to UT2K4?Would like to use it on a underwater UT map that I had converted over to UT2k3 format with the original UT bsp based terrain before I fixed some stuff in it after importing it into UT2K4 format.

I recently installed the original version of Unreal(I have the gold version but not enough hdd space for it to be installed on my laptop though).I patched the game to version (can't remember atm.will put the version number here when I go online next time) and I tried to run unrealed v1.0 but the editor keeps crashing and displays a window with the
                          Unexpected error
                          message and ok button to close it.I did re-install the game in the hopes get it to run but still no success.Is there a way to get the editor to run with command lines?

Comment

Have Unreal patched to unrealpatch226final

Comment

Ok I have done a search but can't find the command lines for unreal ed v3.0 (had the link but lost it) ie addbots 1,etc....Also where can I find the command lines for unreal ed v4.0(ut3)?

Thanks.

Comment

any luck getting content out of ut3,
                                i haven't tried that but i see the UTPT can do unreal, ut, unreal2,
                                you can export mesh as i think .3ds,

i am also using blender for doing some model imports,
                                i am a total noob, but ASnipe from this forum has helped me a little,
                                there is a script to export as a .ase file - doc holiday,
                                the py file is to be opened as a text script,
                                shoot me a message to see if i can be any help

Comment

Working...
                                X