How to extract UT3 content for UT2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to extract UT3 content for UT2004?

I would like to extract the high speed train mesh (not the cab the full train mesh) and the tracks with the texs from UT3 so I can use them in a map called ONS-RaptureECE I am busy working on UT2004 but can't extract them....?????

Has anyone been able to successfully extract meshes and textures from UT3 yet?Really need to get those files as I would like to carry on with finishing the map.I tried UTPT but it did not work.

Help anyone?

Thanks

uModel by Gildor

Comment

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
      uModel by Gildor
      Thanks but I don't know where in the UT3 game folder I can find the resources as I haven't touched UT3 in a long time. All I can remember is that the UT3 demo map which features in the retail version of the game as well contains both the train cab and high above on the high up railway line is the full train mesh which I need to extract.Why does the app have to be commandline only?

Thanks.

Comment

Is it possible to open a map with the mesh in in UED3 for UT3,select and copy the mesh into memory,close the editor,open UED v3.0 for UT2004 and "create" a new map and paste the static mesh into the map and save it?Can the texs be exported into a format that can be imported into UED v3.0 for UT2004?

I think that should be possible....

Comment

No it's is not possible.

You'll need to watch the tutorials about umodel on gildors site. It's not super easy, stick with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
            No it's is not possible.

You'll need to watch the tutorials about umodel on gildors site. It's not super easy, stick with it though.
            Are you sure?I might be thinking about copying and pasting "custom" brushes from UT1999 to UT2004 or did I import the brush as a .t3d into UnrealEd v3.0 for UT2004?Can't remember. Was busy with an imported mesh in UED3 for UT3 that I had been busy in UED for UT2004 but not sure how I imported into UED3 for UT3 but that was long time ago as my main pc that could run UT3 is still buggered.

Comment

You need to find which UPK the mesh is saved to and then open said UPK with uModel. No ther way is possible, since static meshes are not BSP.

Comment

Yes I'm sure brotha, just trust us. You'll need to use uModel.

Comment

And of course you should use the GUI, otherwise it's way too much effort to use.

You also should only pick meshes that fit UT2k4's polygon count as I did in Downtown (maximum 2000 polygons and only if it's really justified by the size and quality of the model, usually you stick with 1000 or less).

Comment

I don't use GUI, it's just fine as it is. I guess that comes from my Linux experience

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                      You need to find which UPK the mesh is saved to and then open said UPK with uModel. No ther way is possible, since static meshes are not BSP.
                      Well I have successfully copied and pasted static meshes from the UED for UT2K4 and pasted it in UED for UT2k3 and saved without any problems.I have had some problems with copying bsp from UT1999 to UT2K4 though.Firstly since I can't open UT3 nor the the editor for UT3 therefore I cannot open the map with the static meshes in to find the package with the static mesh and materials in as my pc is messed up so badly and the onboard graphics card doesn't support nor can it run UT3 at all.

Besides I don't have a 3D model app to access the .pskx files and save them as .ase files to import into unrealed v3.0 for UT2k4 nor the texs as well. Someone has to do that for me.

Comment

If you did that, then it already existed on UT2003. Copying doesn't copy the whole thing, only the reference to it. UT2003 and UT2004 share a lot of packages, so it's very much possible that you just got it working like that.

If you can't use UT3Ed, you can just open the UPKs with UModel one by one. Usually they are named or are in folders with names logical enough for you to find the wanted mesh.

And you can convert meshes with Blender just fine. It's free. Though with onboard graphics, rendering it might be slower, but for converting things rendering them is not required anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                          If you can't use UT3Ed, you can just open the UPKs with UModel one by one. Usually they are named or are in folders with names logical enough for you to find the wanted mesh.

And you can convert meshes with Blender just fine. It's free. Though with onboard graphics, rendering it might be slower, but for converting things rendering them is not required anyway.
                          Thats easier said than done.I am hardly on this messed up pc and besides I can't use any 3d app like umodel anymore on my main pc and I found the trains and tracks in the UT3\CookedPC\Environments\HU_Deco7.upk ". In the Blender documents it doesn't list .pskx files as one of the supported file typest can open and it doesn't mention that it can export files into .ase format for UT2K4.....

I have managed to extract the files using umodel gui.Now to get those .pskx files into a format for UT2004. Besides it will take 3X or longer to download blender than it would normally take to download with my dial-up connection.

Comment

Blender 2.55 has the PSK Import/Export script already bundled with it. But I am not sure if there are working ASE Exporters for that version.

And UModel in the GUI and in the non-GUI version has a viewer for StaticMeshes, SkeletalMeshes and textures.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                              Blender 2.55 has the PSK Import/Export script already bundled with it. But I am not sure if there are working ASE Exporters for that version.

And UModel in the GUI and in the non-GUI version has a viewer for StaticMeshes, SkeletalMeshes and textures.
                              Well I tried the 3D view model in umodel gui and it as expected crashed my pc. Was forced to reboot and I battled to re-start my pc and even battled to connect to the net...Why couldn't Gildor give the option of exporting the static meshes to .ase format from the packages?Now what do I do?

Comment

Working...
                              X