No announcement yet.

Building an assault map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude that tutorial was what i was working from lol... anyway i have found out what was wrong and i think i understand how the event and tag works now (about time) lol

looks like in the editors play tester its buggy and will mix up the triggers for the player starts

I think i got it all working now

Comment

The editor's play button is overall not very stable. You're a lot better off testing things through the main executable.

Comment

lol it was so irritating lol I think I have got my head around everything now. Thank you everyone for your help if you like ill upload the level after I have done some polishing.. if you can even polish a ****

Comment

I recommend posting it in the Beta Release section of the User Maps & Mods section. This way you can correct many things, spot bugs and optimize it without making several versions. You should keep in mind: Final is final -no changes. It's the version which is already optimized and where all bugs (or most bugs) are spotted.

Comment

ok i will do im still having issues with the spawning. everytime i rebuild it it the second spawn changes for the defenders from the two large buildings to the attackers spawn lol

Comment

It would be good if you could draw a top view of your map (doesn't need to be exact) and to make numbers where the spawnpoints are (these numbers should match the team numbers of the playerstarts in your map) and post it here.
              This will help you (and us) to get some orientation. These things can be pretty confusing.
              After you did this could you post what you have in your scripted trigger?

This way we can see what you've done wrong.

Comment

Wasn't it already posted?
                http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...2&postcount=13

Comment

ok i redid it to make it clearer and i have up loaded the last version of my map here

Last image was wrong

once the office door is open the attacking teams spawn should move the to the office then the defending teams spawn should move to the middle buildings.
                  also the vehicles spawn should change. (still working on that but I have got the vehicles to spawn at the second spawn. Just neet to work out how to turn them off once the 1st spawn change has been done)

Comment

ok dudes you dont have to do anything . looks like the builder is buggy... i had to redo the spawns from scratch.

Now it all works fine Thank you all for your help. you have all been very helpful especially Sly. i would not have worked it out with out his help XD.

I have no finished the map but what i have now is quite playable...

Comment

We are here to help
                      Btw when are you going to publish the first beta of your map?

Comment

I'm going to change the terrain as the level is very flat lol and a bit laggy even tho i used portals and anti portals.

but here is the lvl My first UT Assault Map

you will also need these files

Comment

Working...
                        X