Navagation Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navagation Fail

i'm having a problem with the navagation on several maps.
    i don't know why this happens cause it have enough navagation points.
    also when they enter vehicles then they won't move and get out of that vehicle.
    i really need help with this cause i have this problem on 3 different maps.

No details - no help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice.T View Post
      also when they enter vehicles then they won't move and get out of that vehicle.
      You need AssaultPaths.

Comment

Gametype?

Vehicles require at least one completely white path to all GameObjectives in a map, otherwise bots will leave the vehicle immediately because they think that the objective is not reachable with it from their location.

There are several things that you can do to help the bots with that.

First step is to make sure you arranged all (Road)PathNodes correctly so that there are no too narrpw areas and see if that makes the path white. Few PathNodes are better than many, btw. Try to place them only where it's necessary and in a way that bots have enough time to steer in the direction of the next PathNode after they touched one, otherwise they might miss the next Node and have to come back to catch it again.

Second step is that you can use ForcedPaths, as those will act the same way as a white path even if it's consider too narrow by the path building system. Use it wisely so that you don't lead bots to a place where they can really get stuck.

Third is, that you can specify a VehiclePathName in the properties of any GameObjective. Enter the name of the closest PathNode in the proximity of the GameObjective that is reachable by a vehicle and the bots will know that they need to drive the vehicle to that PathNode and then continue the rest of the way to the objective by foot.

If there is one continuous white/yellow path, then everything will work fine.

AssaultPaths might do the same job, but I think they are only useful in non-ONS gametypes because there aren't so many objectives spread across the whole map so that you can better plan different AssaultPaths.

Comment

AssaultPaths are good since those points are where bots will leave their vehicles in. True about most Onslaught maps, though. Yet we don't know the gametype yet.

Comment

The gametypes are vctf and ctf.
            i think i will try the assault path thing.

Comment

Where are the flags positioned? In a building or in an open space? What's the overall layout of the map?

Comment

norm ctf flag position is in a building.
                vctf flag is on a structure.

Comment

Working...
                X