Lightwave Users - Get warnings when importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightwave Users - Get warnings when importing

When getting warnings when importing in UED I usually fix them, but now I have a model with three warnings but I can't find out what it is. All polys are triangulated so there must be one or more polys "pressed together" between other polys which happen to me often after uncarefully modelling. In Lightwave I usually see if polys are "pressed together" between other but now I can't see anything around my latest model.
    Are there any way to search for those warnings in lightwave?

By the way, how "dangerous" is it with warnings on imported models? Can it affect the FPS?

I don't think it's too much of an issue. What you can do is set lightwave to Polygon view, then use the statistics window to select any 1- and 2-point polys and delete them. You can also use it to double-check that none of your polys have more than 3 points.

Comment

What does the warnning say?

Comment

Originally posted by Sett
        What does the warnning say?

Now you see 4 warnings cause I didn't load the right texture-package, but in the log I can read this:
        Warning: bluecastlewall0616 has 1 redundant triangles!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the texture thing as long as your model has all the mat IDs in place after import.

One tri? That would bug me too but it's ONE tri.

The 'non-tripled..' thing, can't help you there, I use 3DMAX/jamlander, and .ASE. Do a google on it.

Comment

Working...
          X