Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me

Hi.
    I am experiencing some problems with UnrealED3.0.

I have just learnt the most basic basics with UED3 and have made my first map, a cube, and it was working perfectly. Untill, when I tried making a new map and tried to run it, some error message appeared, it read:

"UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1811 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (5303)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ResolveName <- UObject::CreatePackage <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Material rodefault.german_light_portrait NULL) <- CacheParseLine <- AMenuBase::CacheLoad <- AMenuBase::CacheGet <- UxUtil::execGetPlayerList <- UObject::execClassContext <- (xDMRoster Autoplay.xDMRoster @ Function XGame.xDMRoster.PostBeginPlay : 0017) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (xDMRoster Autoplay.xDMRoster, Function XGame.xDMRoster.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (xDMRoster) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (xDeathMatch Autoplay.xDeathMatch, Function UnrealGame.DeathMatch.PostBeginPlay) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine".

And then when I restarted the editor, all the viewports turned white. There's nothing there, just the colour white. Do you understand me? This is not cool, I cannot learn UT mapping when UED is not obeying or working properly. Please help me!

Thanks,
    Holtermann.

There is nothing to do, the editor crash sometimes... that's how it is...

Whenever you get a whitescreen.. reconfigure your viewports:
    View--->Viewports--->Configure...---> and choose a configuration

Comment

sfa

oh, ok.

Well, I fixed the viewports :-)

Thanks!

Comment

hm

This error occurs each time. Even if I try to make a new map!

Comment

hm well re-installing will likely fix it, not much of a solution to the problem really, but its all i can think of :P

Comment

Working...
          X