UPaint works for 2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPaint works for 2004?

Since I took 2003 off my PC, I haven't bothered to check if it works just as well for 2004. Anyone know? Or should I just wait for 2004 to be released to I can start working on skins again?

What no one wants to answer this simple question?

Comment

All the existing models will still be in 2004, so any skins you create for them should be fine. I don't know whether 2004 will include new files to let you use the new models in UPaint.

The only thing which might change is that it's possible that heads as well as bodies can get team skins in UT2004, but if you're doing teamskins you'd probably be wanting to use more than just UPaint anyway.

What I don't know, and what I assume you're asking, is whether uninstalling UT2003 but leaving UPaint installed leaves you with all the files you need to make UPaint work properly. If you install the UT2004 demo in the same directory as you used to have UT2003, then it should be able to pick up the model files and export the skins, but if you install it to a new directory then UPaint might not find the files it needs.

Comment

I normaly use UPaint and Photoshop CS - A combination thing.

Comment

Sorry, you replied while I was editing. All I have to add is, you'll never know unless you try it.

Comment

I'll give it a try and tell you what I come up with.

Comment

So far I'm not really getting this down - Is anyone having much better luck than I am? Or should I just sit and wait?

Comment

Working...
              X