Maya PLE (7.0)-HELP ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya PLE (7.0)-HELP ME

Hey I was looking for someone who could help me out.

I have a bunch of meshes I authored in Maya 7.0 PLE. My WinXP machine I've been using since 2003 went haywire on me about 3 months ago. I have since gotten a new PC and was able to fix my old one. It turns out the old PC lost it's BIOS totally and needed a CMOS reset. I did not lose much in the end, but what I DID lose is some Maya functionality. The application still works on the old PC, but the ActorX exporter no longer works and sends back a CRAZY error when you try to load it in Maya PLE 7. I belive I had a .FBX exporter on the machine, and in my plug-ins there is a exporter file for .FBX. It really seems like the install is busted somehow, cause I've even tried re-installing the ActorX exporter, and no luck with that either.

To make matters worse, the application is no longer availible, so I cannot download it to my new machine and go from there. That option is seemingly out of the window.

So I was going to see if there is anyone out there than can import 1 mesh for me into UT2004. I have the .mp file.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a way to export .obj, .ase, or any other applicable file type OUT of Maya PLE, please let me know.

I will provide everything you need, all I need really is someone to click the "export button" for me and save the mesh in a UTMap and just give me that.

Thanx for reading, and if you can help, T.I.A!

Bumpilstilskin.

Comment

Obviously, we don't know.

Comment

I just posted it like 8 hours ago?

Comment

Then why are you bumping it?

Comment

Cause I posted in another thread and made this one go down more, and it suked

Comment

Thanx anyways...lol

Comment

I would just like to know where I can get Maya PLE 5.0 and a working key for it.

It is unbelievable bull s*** that the UT2004 SE comes with a version of Maya PLE that you can't even use anymore or even download without torrents or cracks because of the company failing to provide support for new keys and a download link.

Newer PLE or trial versions than 7.0 are inferior automatically due to the fact no UT plug-ins are available for them. And I don't want 7.0 because seems a lot of people report having issues with certain export functions with it.

I'll only take 7.0 if 5.0 cannot be activated anymore.

Comment

The company is doing that because they never released Maya, Autodesk simply bought all of the opposing companies and now has complete monopoly in modelling programs. So it's nothing special that they don't care about old products that they never even developed.
                  Best way to do things now is to use Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    Best way to do things now is to use Blender.
                    Yeah that's great, but it seems no one wants to tell me HOW I do that.

The tutorials available aren't really what I want, there's too much extra information that is for creating new models from scratch. Not what I'm trying to do. I only want the minimum amount needed to edit one that's already close.

Comment

Be patient, the info you get from those tutorials will give you the info you need.

Comment

Working...
                      X