Noob Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob Questions

I started working on a level called DM-Nowhere to Hide (for those who have played Twisted Metal 4, this is based on that map). So far I only created the sheet and added player starts. I was following a YouTube video (no, they weren't making the same map ) . I only understood adding the sheet and player starts, and then I got stuck in the mud filled with my technological stupidity. I am making this map for UT2004, since I find UE3 much harder. If someone could take their time with helping me and being patient with my technological incompetence, I would be very grateful.

http://www.mesmer.com/?loc=/public/r...hp&qs=in%3D112

This link got me started. Just another bit of info, that name has been used soo many times already.

Comment

Originally posted by uno_chaos View Post
      http://www.mesmer.com/?loc=/public/r...hp&qs=in%3D112

This link got me started. Just another bit of info, that name has been used soo many times already.
      Could you give an example of this name being used?

Thank you so much for the link.

Comment

Sorry if this might be out of place but I think that the level of the map should be renamed with underscores or without spaces.
        Because when I joined a server that hosted a level with spaces in its name once, I had to download it even when it is already in my maps folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacen View Post
          Sorry if this might be out of place but I think that the level of the map should be renamed with underscores or without spaces.
          Because when I joined a server that hosted a level with spaces in its name once, I had to download it even when it is already in my maps folder.
          Ok. I will see to it. I still haven't had the time to sit down and finish it yet. More info coming soon... in another thread.

Comment

Sounds to me like you want to do a simple terrain map. Look up a terrain mapping tutorial to get you going. Essentiallly you subtract a giant cube, then get your terrain in, and edit away.

Comment

Working...
            X