Curved Tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curved Tubes?

I have a great idea for a level but I don't know how or if it's possible to make a tube in the editor and curve it around (like a rail).

uh, no. you dont want to make a tube out of bsp. youll need a 3rd party modeling app (3dsmax, maya, lightwave, etc). it IS possible, but dont do.

Comment

Something like this?

Comment

Tarquin has a brushbuilderpack that has a torus builder in it afaik

Comment

Re: Curved Tubes?

Originally posted by cool_guy_43081
          I have a great idea for a level but I don't know how or if it's possible to make a tube in the editor and curve it around (like a rail).
          actually I did alot of this in my map DM-ThorsHammer
          basicly I just made a 8 sided figure in the 2d editor and then manipulated the pivot to the right radius away from the shape
          and then revolved it 90 degrees,add it to the level and then convert it to sm.

but then I went an extra length to port it to 3ds max and then I
          got rid of all the faces that were not neccesary I merged them all together did a texture job uvw mapping light mapping and then ported back to unreal ed. lol. cough cough..

but really you could just make it in max using the line tool.

If you really really want to achieve what you want catch me on irc
          the unrealed channel on the enterthegame server. if you dont know how to do that then just pm me lol.

Comment

CTFX, what's your nick in #Unrealed on ETG? I'm in there almost 24/7 and dont recall seeing CTFX there.

Comment

its CTFX1,

Comment

Working...
              X