Custom static mesh karma actors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom static mesh karma actors?

I've recently started to work with karma actors, but it seems that only a few static meshes give you the option to add them as a karma actor when selected. I've also made some of my own static meshes that I would want to add in as karma actors. Is there some way to enable this? Thanks!

You need to add either simplified collision to the staticmesh or a karma collision primitive. Once done the option to add the staticmesh as a Karma actor will be available. The staticmesh collision can be viewed from the staticmesh bowser. Under the view menu in the browser check 'Show Karma Primitives' if the mesh has the necessary collision in place you should see, in the preview window, 'Collision Primitives' show up in green text followed by a number. If you do see this then it should be possible to add the mesh as a KActor, if not then you'll not be able to add it as a KActor.

Here are some links you might find useful:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ImportingKarmaActors.html
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/KarmaReference.html

Comment

BUMP!
      NOTE: Usually Karma doesn't work online but there is already a Karma Actor which works online. If you search around a bit you'll find the code. AFAIK it should be in the Unreal wiki.

Comment

That bump wasn't really necessary, was it?

I got the Actor from a German karma tutorial and added it to the Wiki some time ago. It will also be in the tool set.

However, there is a more complex set of Karma Actors here in the forums that works online and also allows KActors to damage players if they hit them with high velocity and such stuff.

Comment

No it wasn't. I was just bored

Can't wait for the release of your toolset

Comment

Working...
          X