How did they make Mars Rotate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did they make Mars Rotate?

Looking at the skybox for DM-Phobos2, I see that the planet Mars rotates. But its static mesh is neither a mover, nor is the texture its using a rotating texture. So how the heck did they make it move like that?

AkumuX, open the properties on the mesh that is underneath the hemishere. If you look in the mesh browser it shows it's texture. However, if you open the properies, it had a texRotator skin

Comment

Wow, really? I thought I looked carefully for that, but must have missed it.

I am still curious why they gave mars so many rings. I mean, I guess it might be different in the future, but the planet Mars does not have any more rings than Earth does.

Comment

Some science fiction writer suggested that in the future, earth will have rings like Saturn due to lost tools and parts from clumsy astronauts.

Comment

NASA is tracking most objects orbiting the earth (and from what I understand there are millions of them). But one time a peice of chicken hit one of the shuttles window, and they said it was probably from the Soviats, who were terrible about throwing any old thing out the air lock. LOL

BTW, I did miss that the Mars image was a texrotator. I looked again and saw I wasn't paying close enough attetion.

Comment

I imagine, (though I have limited knowledge of the editor) you could also make it a mover.

Comment

Working...
            X