Noobish AI-Script question---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobish AI-Script question---

I didn'T put this question into the Programming-Forum since it isn'T about UScriptt but the ScriptedSequence-Actor.

I jest read through the AI-Script Tutorials on the German site UED.info.

For every Example there they used a Scripted Sequence AND a trigger to activate the ScriptedSequence (First Action= WaitForFvent).

Why?

Is it better to use an additional Trigger-Actor, since I thought that if a Pawn/Bot reaches the AI-Script actor he will perform the selected Actions?

Re: Noobish AI-Script question---

Originally posted by fuegerstef
    For every Example there they used a Scripted Sequence AND a trigger to activate the ScriptedSequence (First Action= WaitForFvent).

Why?

Is it better to use an additional Trigger-Actor, since I thought that if a Pawn/Bot reaches the AI-Script actor he will perform the selected Actions?
    A scripted sequence HAS to be triggered.
    The easiest way is to trigger it with the start of the matinee.
    (ie: first action=waitforevent / event=start)

A pawn will do the required actions at the required place IF your timing for the sequence is correct for the action.

You can't set up a bunch of actions based on the pathnodes unless they are trigged as the bot reaches that node.

*ya get what i'm tryin to say?*
    It's all timing.
    In the matinee I made for the contest, there are a couple different areas that I really had to pay attention to the TIME it took for a bot to get to a certain area BEFORE I could trigger the next event.
    If I triggered it too soon - the bot did not respond and stopped dead in his tracks.

Open the intro matinee in 2k3 - look at the matinee sequence.
    It'll drive ya nutz figuring it all out.. but the timing is beautiful.

Good Luck!
    -=sneak:up:

Comment

Working...
    X