[New SKins] Portrait Announcer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[New SKins] Portrait Announcer

Whenever you select a player in UT2003 the name of that character is being called out loud by an announcer voice sound.
    How can that be done or configured for new skins added?

You can't, not in 2K3. The sounds must be in the AnnouncerNames package (think that's what it's called, can't remember without checking) and since you can't change that package without screwing up net-compatibility you can't add new announcer names. Stupid, I know. A simple string called PlayerNameSound= to use in the .upl would have been nice. Hopefully that'll be fixed in 2K4.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaber
      You can't, not in 2K3. The sounds must be in the AnnouncerNames package (think that's what it's called, can't remember without checking) and since you can't change that package without screwing up net-compatibility you can't add new announcer names. Stupid, I know. A simple string called PlayerNameSound= to use in the .upl would have been nice. Hopefully that'll be fixed in 2K4.
      Okay thanks for the information...........perhaps new announcer name pack can be made and coded to call it from there.......

Comment

That would be a blast if it was supported in UT2k4. I can just imagine myself shouting my skins names just to update them.
        Seriously, I thought they dropped the announcer shouting the names of the character in the select menu. It startled me a few times already when I was looking for one skin and clicked on the wrong portrait.

Comment

Actually I seem to remember reading that they've dropped it entirely in 2K4, so you're probably right Loric

Gusher - is this for Lawdogs? Or just 2K3? I'd have to check the code (which might take a while as I can't remember where this info is stored now), but I guess if it was for a mod, you could most likely modify the scripts a bit to add the announcer sounds functionality you want.

Comment

Working...
          X