Imbeded .ogg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imbeded .ogg

How do you imbed a song file in your map?

You don't. UT2003 uses a different system for music, the music file isn't an Unreal package so the game isn't even aware it exists. It's just passing a song name to the OGG player. As far as I know you couldn't embed music files in the original UT either, never really tried though. :bulb:

Comment

I HAVE A BELLY BUTTON

Comment

wtf hydro?

Comment

If songs can't be imbeded into maps how does it work? Cuz there is this map I got on my server, CTF-(zF)-BlackPlague.ut2, and it has a Korn song that plays when the map runs but there is no .ogg file of that song in my \UT2003\Music folder and yes I've cleaned out my cache so it should be in there right? Or does it work another way?
          Bottom line I'd really kinda like to know how to make a song of my choice, like a korn song or something, play in a map. Hows it done?

Comment

It'll be an ambient sound placed in the map with high radius + volume (bFullVolume?).

And.. well... I don't know about other people, but I hate that sorta thing. People should be able to choose themselveswhether they want to hear the music, and which music that is.

Comment

Well you dont have to play on my server then :-) Can anyone tell me how I would go about putting a song into an already made map?

Comment

Originally posted by Bue||
                Can anyone tell me how I would go about putting a song into an already made map?
                You shouldn't unless you get the authors permission first. But if its for you private off-line use then it should be ok, just use the aimbient sound actor as described above.

IMO, I really don't like it when map authors do this. It's probably the biggest complaint I receive when running these type of maps on my servers.

It's an insult (IMO) to the player if he doesnt like the song. He can't turn it off or even turn down the volume. What if a player likes to listen to his own songs through the OGG player (or Winamp)? Now he's forced to turn off the OGG player (winamp) during that map, and listen to a song he/she may or may not like.

I've seen maps using this method where the music restarts every time you respawn. Real annoying playing IG :down:

Comment

Originally posted by shokazulu
                  just use the aimbient sound actor as described above
                  I've never used UnrealEd b4 But I am really good with photoshop and illustrator and dreamweaver and so on so I know how programs that look like this work in general but could someone walk me through exactly how id do this?

Comment

anyone???????

Comment

-> UDN's Sounds Tutorial

But: Don't do it. Filesize will increase, the quality of the music is more then bad, it has to be mono and ppl will hate it for said reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X