Game really getting on my nerves now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game really getting on my nerves now.

Ok, I go into the game to test out a level. I change the bot number to 0, remove all the mutators, then select the map. I go in and test it for a bit, then exit the game. The next time I go into the game, everything is reset and I have to change all of it again. This has been a problem ever since I can remember, but it's really starting to get annoying. Anyone know why it keeps doing this? :bulb:

Same thing happens when I make a weapon, summon it in-game, exit then change the weapon's code. :bulb: If I changed the map/mutators beforehand, it resets to what it wa sbefore. I guess it's so the game won't load stuff that might not exist anymore.

But that's what I think, most liekly I'm wrong.

Comment

if i change settings while testing a level from unrealed and change things then everything resets but if i do it from just playing normaly then everything stays as i changed next time dunno why yours dosent

Comment

Originally posted by red-pill
        if i change settings while testing a level from unrealed and change things then everything resets but if i do it from just playing normaly then everything stays as i changed next time dunno why yours dosent
        Yep, thats what it probably is. :up:

It has to do with the way the game is launched from UnrealEd.

Comment

Agreed.:up:

Comment

That happened to me when I quit the game like this:

To console ยป exit...

:sour:

Comment

My Obsrvations:

If I consol -quit =no changes are recorded

If I quit normaly (Esc->exit) =changes are recorded

I noticed it when I fooled with the 'slomo' function. When I re-played the map, It still played at the same slomo speed.

Comment

Well, I don't usually use the launch button from UEd, but it must be the simple fact that UEd is open that does it. :bulb:

Comment

UED and UT2003 share some ini settings, so UED is probably re-saving its own settings after you close UT2003.
                  Or something like that...

Comment

My dear Angelly poo.

Actually I tested this and if you exit from UT 2003 using the console and typing exit, while Ued is open then UT2003.ini is not updated. This is probably becuase UED has the file open and thus it can't be written to.

But if you exit by esc->exit ut2003->yes then it undates UT2003.ini properly.

Comment

No it doesn't, that's the way I always exit the game. Did some experiments and figured out that yes indeed, it is the fact that UEd is open that does it, and it doesn't matter how you exit the game. Sometimes it will actually update with UEd open, but it's not reliable.

Comment

i use the lanch button from tah editor and dont have any problem with it,:bulb:
                        always have the same setting (no bots,nutators ......etc....bs

Comment

Working...
                        X