Measuring Distances in Ued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measuring Distances in Ued

How can I measure the exact distance between two points in in unreal units? I cant remember how. :cry:

ctrl+shift+drag middle mouse button

Comment

Thank you very much! that was a very quick reply.

Comment

I don't have UnrealEd open at the moment, but isn't it just Ctrl-Mouse3 click-drag? I don't remember having to use the Shift key as well (I could be wrong!).

Comment

Yer both wrong....kind of.

Ctrl+Shift+MiddleMouseClick & drag works.....but, you don't have to hit Ctrl. Only Shift.:up:

EDIT: Using Ctrl+Middle......blah blah, moves the little red pivot-point thingy. Neat. I'm easily amused.

Comment

omg... why did i not knwo abotu this earlier?!?!!

i have been guess and checking with rectangles all my life >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Fecal Marmaset
              Yer both wrong....kind of.

Ctrl+Shift+MiddleMouseClick & drag works.....but, you don't have to hit Ctrl. Only Shift.:up:

EDIT: Using Ctrl+Middle......blah blah, moves the little red pivot-point thingy. Neat. I'm easily amused.

LOL I suck, I just knew it was like only one keyboard button, thought it was Ctrl, but knew it was one of those buttons my left hand presses.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaag
                omg... why did i not knwo abotu this earlier?!?!!

i have been guess and checking with rectangles all my life >_<
                lol ..... me too... i'd always create a cube and keep sizing it until it was the right size..... wow... this will save a **** load of time.... thanks for asking the question

Comment

I never knew either...I used to always like write down on a peice of paper what room is how big and such....humm...I should really look at those keyboard shortcuts/commands one of these days...

Comment

Ctrl+Middle moves the mesh for me, and Alt+Left seems to drag the pivot point. I also discovered that I cant mirror a mesh by using negative drawscale values. Now that makes me happy.

Comment

read the faq (link is in my signature). :up:

Comment

Well, what about those who have only 2-buttoned mice...
                        (I have 2+roll, just thinkin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Format Life:
                          Well, what about those who have only 2-buttoned mice...
                          (I have 2+roll, just thinkin'...
                          roll? You mean a wheel?
                          If so, you can usually press the wheel and it functions like an extra mouse button that way.

Comment

I mean with 2-buttons only (no wheels and stuff in it...)... :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Format Life:
                              I mean with 2-buttons only (no wheels and stuff in it...)... :bulb:
                              Both mouse buttons at once?
                              I don't know, if it's programmed to work with the middle mouse button only, you might not be able to do it :/

Comment

Working...
                              X