ZoneFog creating holes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZoneFog creating holes?

So I added ZoneInfo actors to the zones on my new level and decided to add a little bit of fog to pretty much most of my zones. After doing this, I spotted something odd in the editor - a hole where the fog ends. I only happened when I had the active preview on (the little joystick icon). But I wondered if it would happen in game. Sure enough, I ran a test game and it did. Does anyone know why its doing this? I mean, surely the fog shouldn't be creating a hole in your geometry, rather just "fogging" out everything beyond the DistanceFogEnd range.

One thing that might be important, in this shot, I am standing in a zone, and there are two zones in front of it (one the main dance-floor there, and then beyond that is a stairwell zone).

Unless someone can point out a way to fix this, I'll just have to bump the DistanceFogEnd to something much higher I think.

Set bClearToFog to true. Also, is that BSP separating the room from the skybox? or just a static mesh. In order for fog to look good, the room should be enclosed with some visible BSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Raffi_B
      Also, is that BSP separating the room from the skybox? or just a static mesh.
      No, it was an indoor map, so I wasn't using a BSP subtraction box around the level. I'll give that a shot. Humm...

Comment

Working...
      X