Skins, Transparency, and Culling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    My original attempt at discussion and some screenies showing the (mis)behavior.

It almost works. I've read about the popping polys, but they made it sound like it was an issue with multiple transparent textures intersecting. I only have one surface and one texture with alpha, and it shows through just fine... the problem is what it mysteriously hides altogether. Wanted to clarify, just in case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IIRC the prob with this (transparent textures on animations) is that textures pop in and out constantly as it moves, looks bad, and that's a limitation of the engine

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Skins, Transparency, and Culling

Skins, Transparency, and Culling

I've been painting on the Rapier character and I found that there is geometry underneath the glass on the heads of Rapier and Cobalt. I made the glass translucent, but it wouldn't show that part of the model-- only parts which were partly outside the glass were showing inside as well. I edited the texture again, now making a portion of it completely transparent (such as in 1-bit alpha & DXT3) and the missing geometry did appear, and only through that hole. I'd really like to have it partially transparent and the parts visible... this is apparently the original design, as seen in the PlayerPictures for those characters, which were probably exported from the original modeling app. Is this an engine limitation, or is there an option in the mesh or texture properties that will keep it visible? Please say it's not the engine.
Working...
X