How to edit/modify default UT2k4 UI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit/modify default UT2k4 UI.

Some friends and I are trying to build a custom gametype - which we've mostly done, but we're stuck in a few spots. One of these is the UI. Could someone please give us some direction on how to change the look of the UI? We're not really doing a total conversion, so we can still utilize many of the elements in the current UI, but we'd like to customize the look of the parts we can use and hide or eliminate the parts we don't need.

Also, to play our mod, one currently has to add "-mod=modname" to the shortcut for the game. Ideally, we would have our own shortcut that would automatically launch our custom UI, which would then present the options to play our game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

there are a couple of tuts out there, just look! try Horence's and wiki

Comment

Not quite...

I checked out the Hourence tuts and they are all focused on Unreal Engine 3, I'm working in Unreal Engine 2 - for UT2K4. Also, none of the Wiki info I've read explicitly deals with the UI.

Could you please point me in the right direction? If not, I'm still waiting for someone to provide a link or two that addresses specifically what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your input though!

Comment

Ued 3.0 IS the editor for 2K4 - yeh really a pain in the A$$. So the next one is called --->>>> "Unreal3 Editor", no kidding, stupid stupid stupid IMHO. ALthough you may have to search for his archives. Also check out unreal wiki and search these forums

Comment

Working...
        X