Good program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good program?

I need to know where to find a good program to make StaticMeshes in, I looked at UT2003files.com, and UT2003hq.com and found nothing. I also looked at download page at UT2003.com and all I found was a patch for one and there was no link to that download. Can anyone help me please?

If you have UT2003 cd, there's Maya PLE for free or go download it at.....

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-se...maya_ple.shtml

Or.......get Gmax

http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/

you'll need md3 script addon to export
    http://mojo.gmaxsupport.com/

Must have tool is
    http://www.unwrap3d.com

Comment

Ok, so I need all those?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Arcade
        Ok, so I need all those?
        Nope, try them all and see what you like......

Comment

Ok, this program is a tad to complex, is there any program I can just paint a picture and put it on the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Arcade
            Ok, this program is a tad to complex, is there any program I can just paint a picture and put it on the wall?
            Ummm, nope.........all the ones I know of require knowledge or learning........

Comment

I suggest 3ds max 6.0 full and legal its a 30 day trial This is by far the best program I've found to make static meshes plus there are tons of vtm tutorials at www.masteringunreal.com (sign up to gain acess to tons of good tuts on unreal editing and static meshing) I've used maya, lightwave and 3ds max and 3ds max is by far my favorite, I ditched the other two. check it out and see how you like it.

--edit--

lol, um ok you know no matter what making static meshes are very complex you can go about making a certain static mesh a thousand diffrent ways. if you are going to learn how to make a static mesh be forewarned that it will take alot time and effort to learn how to do so, this IS NOT painting :bulb: however it is very rewarding and fun, not to mention addicting.

at the mastering unreal website I pointed out to, just register and then if your new to unreal editing take the unreal editing 101 course, if you already know alot of unreal editing stuff then go here to learn how to make static meshes for 3ds max. you have to be registered and signed in to be able to make the link work btw. good luck.

Comment

By asking why you cant just "paint a picture and put it on the wall", are you sure you understand the difference between static meshes and texturing?

Static meshes are created and are 3 dimensional objects

Texturing is "painting" the object

Its a rather simplistic explanation, but Im a simpleton

If I was you, I'd get the hang of using Ued first by creating a map with what meshes and textures are provided with the game, and when you crack that move onto a 3D programme - but it isnt easy and involves a lot of patience and practice.

Sadly, 3D programmes and their manuals arent designed for people who want to create a few meshes for UT2K3. The progs do sooooo much more and manuals go into a lot of depth on things you wont want to know about, but you have to understand in order to do what you eventually want to achieve.

Looking at tutorials on the web helps somewhat but they always seem to assume at least a basic understanding of the app', and are usually tailored to 3DS Max, Lightwave and Maya.

Sorry to sound so depressing, but its well worth the time spent on mastering a 3D app'. Just dont expect to get one and immediately make what you want.

Comment

yo, dunno if this is offtopic, but i have 3d studio max, but it works kind of slow i mean the mouse cursour goes very slow, and the whole pc. can someone list the requierments for the program? so i can see if i can afford it at all?

Comment

ok ummm u said that u caould use maya PLE and that u could either download it or if u had a UT2003 cd it was on the cd, where is it on the cd?

Comment

Originally posted by pooontape
                      ok ummm u said that u caould use maya PLE and that u could either download it or if u had a UT2003 cd it was on the cd, where is it on the cd?
                      3rd cd

Comment

bah maya ple is junk, good luck even porting custum content :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                        X