I have no generic textures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no generic textures.

I love map editing, so when I saw how powerful the unreal editor was I was incredibly excited, and I immediatly got a tutorial off the internet. Anyway, it mentions a lot of very generic textures great for making land and buildings. I don't have any of them. It mentions things like "liquids" and "wall" and a lot of other texture packages that simply do not exist on my computer. Here's 4 screenshots of what the entirety of my texture list looks like: Here

Am I looking in the wrong places or does my UT2004 just not have these basic textures? If I am being deprived, how do I fix it?

Did you open/load the additional texture packages in the texture browser? File->Open then select a *.utx file to open.

Comment

Them screenshots look about right to me, that's what you should see when you open the ed. Could you post a link to the tutorial?

Comment

Here's the tutorial: http://squacky.planetunreal.gamespy.com/unrealed.htm

If I do have all the packages, then where do I find water? Where do I find lava? Where do I find stone walls? Where do I find grass?

Comment

Just click File -> Open. You get a much bigger list.

Comment

yeh don't forget, just because a file shows on the menu bar DOESN't mean that all the textures in that file will be listed, it'll often only show the tex's from that file that you used before. So always "Open" the texture file to find a new texture.

Comment

Woa, woa woa... WHAT?! It only shows what you've used before?! That explains so much...

Comment

It would be useful to have a listing of good textures for water, lava, shiny metal, terrain, etc.- I don't like looking around for a half hour whenever I want to texture a wall!

Comment

Them textures that are refrenced in the tut do not exist, for example Liquids, Noxstar. I don't have them in my install. It also says on the main page

The Tutorials are for UnrealED 2.0 btw, the version that shipped with UT, not 2k3.

Comment

Found out how to put new textures in, and I found a new tutorial for this version of the editor. Thanks everyone!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that there is a UnWiki page that links to a preview file for all the stock textures

Comment

Working...
                      X