Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a floating island like CTF-Face3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Has anyone played UT99 SP-Mod "Operation Na Pali" by Team Vortex? There was some of the last maps like a floatin' naliland (were it "Nali Heaven" named?), and it had those nice floatin' islands... I would like a map like it to UT2003/2004...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To use a third party program takes money, time, and many hours reading more tutorials. A good thing to do if you are just learning how to use Unreal ED is go to 3d Buzz and start downloading the Unreal Tournament tutorials. This is the easiest way to learn how to use the Unreal editor. It takes out all of the searching and reading that comes along with learning a new program.

Once you do get UnrealED down a little and you want to take you levels to the next level make sure to try out the MayaPLE on disk three. This lets you make your own static meshes and put them into your level.

Im sorry if you know this but it seems that you are a little lost.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didn't see what that link said, (too lazy to check it out) but another option is modeling it in a third party modeling program. I would personally think this is ideal, as it suites my nature more, but there are several other options. You can also do a mix and match with partial BSP based geometry and using the terrain tools and using static meshes. (Probably the best way of doing things.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :P ok nice ! getting closer. Would you mind telling me how to make the island now ? Like, do I need to substract another cube in the middle of nowhere ? Do I have to use terrain ? In one word (erm... 6 words), How do I do the island ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Subtract a HUGE cube. Build your skybox off to the side of it. Set all the surfaces of your huge cube to Fake Backdrop. Build island inside huge cube. And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, getting a better idea. Now, what do I need to do in order ? Making a huge skybox THAN doing the floating island, or doing the island and then creating the skybox ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Geometry isn't affected by gravity, you could have everything floating in midair if you wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But how to make an island ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's just a normal skybox. Open it up and take a look. Any surface that has Fake Backdrop set shows the sky, and the "size" of the sky is all relative since the SkyZoneInfo never moves. If you took the Face3 skybox and doubled its size it would still look the same in-game.

Leave a comment:

• How to make a floating island like CTF-Face3 ?

I'd like to build a map with a floating island like in Face3. How can I make this ? Do I need to make a huge skybox, or is it something more complex ?

Any one can help me ?
Working...
X