particle editor crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It's time to go post a thread on the forums, and complain to Epic. Remember to conclude with "plz fix!!!!!!!1"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dario D. View Post
    Have you tried reformatting? (lol, sorry, I just had to. For the love of all that is good and holy, don't try that)
    eYe rEfrmadded my harddddsk and nwo eYe Kant funde uNrEal neemore, whutdoo Eye due know?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [s§s]Bison_Boy View Post
    So did you ever get the entire window for the particle system to work??
    Yeah, I just had to reboot the computer to stop the crashing, if that's what you meant.

Originally posted by [s§s]Bison_Boy View Post
    I could never see the R hand fields in the particle editor for some reason even though they show up in the UDN tuts and I see no way to rezise the text to allow selecting it, hence directions are limited to one direction only!
    I have no idea what would cause that. Have you tried reformatting? (lol, sorry, I just had to. For the love of all that is good and holy, don't try that)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks that's EXACTLY what I was looking for! Maybe the Particle system isn't broken! So did you ever get the entire window for the particle system to work??

Could you help with this too -> I could never see the R hand fields in the particle editor for some reason even though they show up in the UDN tuts and I see no way to rezise the text to allow selecting it, hence directions are limited to one direction only! It must be something simple but for the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope, I haven't ever been able to duplicate them properly. I just duplicate, then save/load the sub-emitters (from other emitters) that I want to use as a base for construction in my new emitter. Not a bother, really... unless I want to make a revision of a 20-sub-emitter explosion without affecting the original (so I can look at them both, side-by-side), in which case I have to use this method: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...mitter+notepad

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Dario, have you ever been able to figure out a way to duplicate emitters and not have them be linked? If you haven't tried, duping an emitter eather leaves you with empty emitter properties or , if you use array, you get several emitters that are all linked as the same item so changing properties in one effects all the others (this includes max part # btw!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got it. I just had to reboot.

My Adobe CS3 apps are borking everything left and right. After running Audition, Premiere, and Photoshop for over a week without rebooting, strange things start to happen. ...I mean aside from the fact that Audition and Premiere CS3 are more buggy than Windows 98 after a spyware install-a-thon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    strange error also! I've gotta tell you as far as I'm concerned, the particle system editor is broken and does not create useable emitters. (search my posts on this a couple of months ago) I strongly recommend just doing them by hand. One simple trick is that you can take an existing emitter with lots of sub emitters, eg the Xemitters in the editor, and tweak the settings in each sub emitter and this saves just in your map and the editor doesn't seem to mind at all.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic particle editor crash?

particle editor crash?

Hi all. Recently, UEd started crashing whenever I open the Particle Editor.

Any ideas? I can actually open it, so long no emitters are selected... but once I select one (and it does it's loading thing), boom. It crashes when the loading bar reaches 75%.

Code:
    Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3218 MHz with 2047MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (6921)

CreateWindowEx failed: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

History: PerformCreateWindowEx <- WLabel::OpenWindow <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WPropertyPage ::OpenWindow <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WPropertyPage ::OpenWindow <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop
Working...
X