Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full color replacement picture app

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Full color replacement picture app

    Using PSP9 I can replace the tones on the assault rife to many colors but I want a black and white theme is there any app that will let me adjust stuff to white and dark easily?

    #2
    GIMP is free and complicated but very powerful!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by [s§s]Bison_Boy View Post
      GIMP is free and complicated but very powerful!
      Gimp is more crashy than JPSP9 0-o
      and I have 3 versions of PSP9 cant beat a 10$ app thats sold for 10 or less :P

      I have managed to get somewhere with black/white, freehand selection gray scale and then manual color replace.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ex00-white.jpg

      and love the color repalce brush
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eTex-graff.jpg

      Comment


        #4
        You mean you're just looking to desaturated your weapon skin? I'm not too familiar with PSP9 but you should be able to go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Channel Mixer, select monochrome in the channel mixer dialog box and set the properties as you see fit to leech the color out. I know in Photoshop, however, it's just a simple Ctrl+Shift+U to get the job done. If that doesn't work for you feel free to e-mail it to me and I can do it for you.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Aeonic View Post
          You mean you're just looking to desaturated your weapon skin? I'm not too familiar with PSP9 but you should be able to go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Channel Mixer, select monochrome in the channel mixer dialog box and set the properties as you see fit to leech the color out. I know in Photoshop, however, it's just a simple Ctrl+Shift+U to get the job done. If that doesn't work for you feel free to e-mail it to me and I can do it for you.
          Not quite
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ex00-white.jpg
          as you can see I want to retain some color,I merely want to change all the green to white, the only way to do this is via freehand selection and manual color replacement, and only then can you change it to the white spectrum after you leech the color out, you can not simply select the whole pic and do this it just inverts the colors for the most part.

          Let me ask you this dose Photoshop have a color replacement brush that can turn all but a few shades of black?
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eTex-graff.jpg
          As you can see I can use a color replace brush where I ca change the color of stuff without losing its detail, however can not black/white it, the only thing I have found for black/white is select/desaturate/color replacement.

          Comment


            #6
            Use the "magic wand" in GIMP - I'm not sure what it's called in Photoshop, but same idea, you make a selection of all areas with "smililar" colors and can adjust just how close the match has to be in settings. Then you could eather just desat that layer (so you can retain the shading) or just bucket fill it with you color of choice.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by [s§s]Bison_Boy View Post
              Use the "magic wand" in GIMP - I'm not sure what it's called in Photoshop, but same idea, you make a selection of all areas with "smililar" colors and can adjust just how close the match has to be in settings. Then you could eather just desat that layer (so you can retain the shading) or just bucket fill it with you color of choice.
              JPSP9 has selection,magic wand,freehand ,point to point and find edge, these are most awesome selection tools, point to point and find edge is awesome.


              The trouble is you can not fill in color and keep detail
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/AR-white.jpg

              I need to redo it because I played with sharp smooth to much but i did it black/white/metal by dangit :P

              Comment


                #8
                Been playing around with JPSP9 more I can now use contrast and brightness to whiten/blacken stuff, but I wonder why all my textures are oily looking 0-o

                Comment


                  #9
                  May I suggest that the oily look on the light areas is due to the high contrast - try a little blur filter over those areas and even underlay a grey brushed metal texture to act as the base layer, just a suggestion, kinda like the gritty look you have now though!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by [s§s]Bison_Boy View Post
                    May I suggest that the oily look on the light areas is due to the high contrast - try a little blur filter over those areas and even underlay a grey brushed metal texture to act as the base layer, just a suggestion, kinda like the gritty look you have now though!
                    Tried that, it seems the textures lose their shiny spot info and when imported they are 100% shiny instead of having shiny "parts".

                    check out my new AR textures ^^
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQibZFly1A

                    Comment


                      #11
                      that's great zippy - I can't say which I like best but kinda partial to the first red one. Took me a while to realize what was bugging me - LOL no crosshair. So they looked good in the vid, did you figure out what happened to specularity?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by [s§s]Bison_Boy View Post
                        that's great zippy - I can't say which I like best but kinda partial to the first red one. Took me a while to realize what was bugging me - LOL no crosshair. So they looked good in the vid, did you figure out what happened to specularity?
                        the cross hair is there its jsut between the compression quality's it goes bubye.

                        specularity? shiny bits? ya I am not using mips just exporting a texture with no mip data and importing it.

                        I have the plug in but I can't seem to get the color to fully change..its rather odd.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X