Couldnt save package-maybe file is read only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldnt save package-maybe file is read only

I keep getting this message while using the ut04 editor. it pops up randomly when im in the editor and whenever i try to play test a map it comes up. followed by a run time error and failer to load entry. anybody seen this before. Ive never gotten to play test a map b/c of this. and when ever i reopen th program it says all my textures have been set to null. and i have no textures but my lights and demenions are correct. Any help would be greatly valued.

Are you creating a new texture, static mesh, or system file? The editor will always ask you if you want to save changes to "Package0" or "Package3" or so on. Never, EVER resave a package unless you purposely created it, because it completely screws up your game. You might have to reinstall.

Comment

i was following a book and it said hit play test and i got that message i think a reinstall is in order. i have a question is there anything i should know about the install that maybe i missed? thank you for ur reply and any advice will be greatly valued.

Comment

I would suggest going to the front page of unrealtournament2004.com and downloading the mega pack, (to patch the game) but otherwise I can't help you. Which book is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Industryhopeful View Post
          i was following a book and it said hit play test and i got that message i think a reinstall is in order. i have a question is there anything i should know about the install that maybe i missed? thank you for ur reply and any advice will be greatly valued.
          Ya you need to always save as a new txu package I have to always reload it with my textures as I test things but if you need some advanced noob help I will be happy to aid as much as I can.

Comment

Working...
          X