Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapon Texture(game to use new texture?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Texture(game to use new texture?)

I altered a weapon texture and have imported it back into the game under a different name, how do I get the game to use the new texture?

Me ballz are screaming for a new coat of paint.

You can set Skins in your weapon's class, the attachment class, and the pickup class,
    OR
    You have to duplicate all the StaticMesh and Animations packages for your weapon, then in UnrealEd open your duplicate package and set the models and animations to use the textures you want. Delete any unneeded meshes from your packages and save it. Then in your weapon code, set weapon mesh, attachment mesh, and pickup mesh to the ones in the new package you made.

Comment

yes skin, this is something I must learn 0-o
      I need a tut halp me find a tut *lick*

what can I use to edit StaticMesh and Animations packagesif I wanted to do that..and yes I need a tut ><

Comment

ok found the skin() string (durrrr it was in my face all along ><)
        anyway why are all my skins/textures oily looking?
        its like they went 5 rounds in a oil wrestling match 0-o

Comment

Got textures working
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQibZFly1A

moving to using the DDS plug in so I can do textures right,I use PSP9 as my main paint program because its easy to use and I can do more on it,I need tuts/tricks and tips for handling textures on PSP and photoshop(yes I have the photoshop as a backup.)

Currently I am doing weapon textures and effect trails, my main question is is there a easy way to port a color scheme throughout ALL the pictures in a DDS file?

Comment

Why is it eating the files I put in my utx file? 0_o

Comment

Working...
            X