Texture appears in UnrealEd but not in UT2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texture appears in UnrealEd but not in UT2004

Well that's entire problem. I've made a texture in Photoshop. First in TGA. It showed OK in UnrealEd, but not in UT when I embedded it via MyLevel. I tried with PCX but got the same result. UT shows uses another texture, probably something from that level.

Has someone had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance.

it might be "MyLevel" vs "myLevel" - i know unrealed is touchy with case in some places not sure if it is everywhere though. try embedding it into "myLevel" instead, that is if you are in fact specifying "MyLevel".. and, in the case of trying to use outside packages, you have to make sure you /save/ the package (even if you have saved the map) prior to playing the level or it won't show up.

hope that helps.

Comment

Well UnrealEngine is not case sensitive with names. How did you use your texture you imported? And is the texture still there on your map after you closed and reopened editor?

Comment

I've made a mesh of custom vehicle in 3dmax and a texture for it. I want to test it before I turn it over for scripting. So I imported the texture, the PSK and static mesh into myLevel package, made new classes for vehicle factory and vehicle itself as well as edited the default properties, opened up a map, placed factory in it and saved a map under a different name.
        When I try to play the map I have the vehicle spawned right where I put the factory. I can enter it, I can fire and alt fire, though I can't move since I didn't set up collision. The only thing wrong is the texture. No matter what I do I get the wrong texture. I've even used the texture somewhere on the map itself, I put it on one of the walls. In that case it displays OK.
        I'm obviously doing something wrong in the process of importing. That's why I wrote down everything I did.

Comment

well all I can recomend is to make sure its compressed and then take the static mesh and skin it with the proper texture. You could also just use it to texture a wall somewhere you can't see in the map to see if the model is the problem and not the texture. Sometimes its the conversion of the solid that makes the texture not stick right

Comment

Hm, you're right. I already did try putting the texture on a wall and it displayed during the gameplay. So the problem is not with the texture.

Comment

Working...
            X