editor crashing on saves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

editor crashing on saves

HEELLPPP this is driving me crazy! Making a good sized map with lots of ladder volumes (the only thing unusual about it). I build without errors and sometimes I can save but if I rebuild again- even with NO changes to the map, the editor crashes every time. Any ideas out there, I have spent a month working on this map and I have no idea what is wrong. Could the editor be corrupted somehow? THe map plays fine. arrgghhh

Try sending the map to a friend and see if he can Build All twice without crashing to find out if it's the map or the editor.

~Death Dream~

Comment

If it is still not working, try re-installing UT, but just be sure that you save your maps and stuff somewhere because I'm not sure if it erases it or not.

-Aqua

Comment

I reinstalled 2k4 AND updated my vid drivers yesterday with no improvement, sigh. I'm just going back 2 weeks and reworking from there, ARRGGHH BUT I like your idea of sending it to someone else too! Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by [s§s]Bison_Boy View Post
          I reinstalled 2k4 AND updated my vid drivers yesterday with no improvement, sigh. I'm just going back 2 weeks and reworking from there, ARRGGHH BUT I like your idea of sending it to someone else too! Thanks all.
          Sorry it didn't help.

~Death Dream~

Comment

I posted the workaround in another thread on ladder volumes - basicly, the problem is that the engine build doesn't report eerors when pathing ladder volumes for some reason, BUT will let it crash a save once built. The answer is to select all ladder volumes and disable autopathing. Then reenable it in ladders where you are sure the autopath will work. Test one at a time (sigh) some work, some don't - likely probs are volumes physically over other volumes (higher z) and using strafing ladders where the autopath point is placed in the middle of the volume but there is something that prevents you from using the exact middle point. So far, so good.

Comment

Try to update de game

it worked with me but i have 2003 ^^

Comment

Working...
              X