Breakable Glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakable Glass?

Does anyone know how to create breakable glass in ut2004. The map im currently making is a medium ctf map and i need a couple breakable windows for the sniper position but i am unsure of how to do this. I have tried not having glass in these windows, but then it just doesnt look right. Also if someone knows how to create random shaped shards of glass could you let me know as this would be much appreciated.

the best way is to make a mover of the solid glass and another mover of the broken glass pieces on the floor plus an emitter of shards flying (with some dust too IMHO). Put a shoot trigger into the window, trigger the solid window to move down into the floor out of sight, then the emitter to show shards flying and the mover of shards to rise out from below the floor to floor level. Actually, you don't really need a seperate trigger you can do it as a take damage mover I suppose but I like to use triggers.

Comment

thanx for the help, i finally got it to work. Was annoying creating the shards on the ground though but at least it looks decent now

Comment

Make sure you use NetworkEmitter on that one or it wont show up online.

Comment

Working...
        X