To all you modelers Question RE: UV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all you modelers Question RE: UV

Okay so I have modeled this sword in Max5 and I am trying to expot it into Deep Paint 3d. The only problem I am having is unwraping the model in max.

There are three parts to the model;

the handel, the tsuba(hand guard), the blade. If any one knows how to do this or knows of tut's would be a great help.

THX

In a nutshell...
    Collaspe your stacks. From the EditableMesh base modifier join the three objects. Then use the UVW Unwrap modifer, choose "Flatten Mapping" and you should be able to leave everything default. Arrange and edit the UVs to your liking.

Doing good UVs is a time consuming business.

It's my experience and opinion that with non-organic models like swords, weapons, etc. your better off using photoshop than something like DeepPaint3D to skin. Although DP3D is good for fixing up seams.

You should watch the 3DBuzz UT Weapon VTMs if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyDeath
      In a nutshell...
      Collaspe your stacks. From the EditableMesh base modifier join the three objects. Then use the UVW Unwrap modifer, choose "Flatten Mapping" and you should be able to leave everything default. Arrange and edit the UVs to your liking.

Doing good UVs is a time consuming business.

It's my experience and opinion that with non-organic models like swords, weapons, etc. your better off using photoshop than something like DeepPaint3D to skin. Although DP3D is good for fixing up seams.

You should watch the 3DBuzz UT Weapon VTMs if you haven't already.

ahh shoot i forgot about those vtm's. Hey thx for the info it is much appreciated

Comment

Np, I consider myself more of a dabbler when it comes to modeling and skinning, I've modeled all the weapons for Neotokyo, and here's my first weapon skin I finished recently:

http://www.neotokyohq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228

Be sure to post pics of your sword

Comment

Originally posted by GreyDeath
          Np, I consider myself more of a dabbler when it comes to modeling and skinning, I've modeled all the weapons for Neotokyo, and here's my first weapon skin I finished recently:

http://www.neotokyohq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228

Be sure to post pics of your sword
          LoL shut the hell up those models rock. I didn't know you were the modeler for that mod. It looks awsome.:up:

"Dabbler"

LOL

Comment

Well compared to Retleks and Gato I have to consider myself a dabbler. I just do the weapons, some vehicles(which suck compared to Davids) and some staticmesh work. Characters are beyond my ability. Mostly I program and keep all of our noses to the grindstone .

Comment

Well good luck man I am really looking forward to playing....well of course AFTER Half-Life

Comment

Working...
              X