Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with a map

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Problem with a map

    I created a map and copied it over to my other machine so I could test the multiplayer. For whatever reason, the client machine thinks the two maps are different and insists on attempting to download a new copy (which can take forever when UT2004 handles the transfer). Is there something I am missing in putting the file on my other computer?

    Thanks.

    #2
    did u make some custom meshes? if so u need to copie them over too or any other stuff custom made

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Fonzi_254 View Post
      did u make some custom meshes? if so u need to copie them over too or any other stuff custom made
      Nope. The new maps plays just fine on the other machine in single player mode.

      Comment


        #4
        ok............so u got it to work?
        or does it only work on your other machine

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Fonzi_254 View Post
          ok............so u got it to work?
          or does it only work on your other machine
          The map works fine on both machines if I am doing instant action. The problem comes when I want to use that map in a LAN game, then the machine trying to join the game always wants to download the map, even though it is the exact same map. This confuses me as there are no custom meshes, textures, anything.

          Comment


            #6
            might be a long shot but have you checked to make sure that the map does not exist in both Maps and Cache directories? if it is in the Cache dir it would be a random name you would have to look in (i think) the cache.ini file (in the Cache dir). i only ask because i had this issue recently..

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by psy°mnïus View Post
              might be a long shot but have you checked to make sure that the map does not exist in both Maps and Cache directories? if it is in the Cache dir it would be a random name you would have to look in (i think) the cache.ini file (in the Cache dir). i only ask because i had this issue recently..
              Nope, the map is not in the cache directory.

              Comment


                #8
                did u do any changes to one of them after copying as this means the changed one would be a different version. Even if u didnt change anything if u saved one at a different time than the other when working in ued then that may be the problem. Other than that i cant think of anything

                Comment


                  #9
                  The same thing was happening to me once. It might just be that the hosting computer has more mods or mutators or something of that sort than the computer trying to join to where it thinks it needs to download something. I eventually had my pc wiped so that fixed the problem because I didnt have that ginormous amount mods and muts.

                  -Aqua

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X