No announcement yet.

Setting up Skyboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambient brightness is a setting that you will find in the display properties of the zoneifo actor. Its lousy and I severly doubt anyone would use it. I am sure it has its uses for maps with special effects in them but if you map is a conventional one I would suggest not using it.

Try it, its not permanent and you will see how yuky it makes stuff look.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolv34ine
      Ambient brightness is a setting that you will find in the display properties of the zoneifo actor. Its lousy and I severyl doubt anyone would use it.
      I used it in Elven Dreams. It's good to use if you don't want to have any pitch black shadows in your map, but it's best to never go above a setting of 5.

Comment

Agreed.

How ignorant. We havent told Akuma what it is!!

Like Angel says itincreases the overall (ambient) brightness to make even the darkest portions of your zone have a base "ambient light". So like she says if she used an ambient brightness of 5 in a specific zone then the darkest parts of her zone its set up in will have a brightness of 5.

Ok

Comment

Ahh, then I can see where it may have its uses. There are some corners on my maps that are really hard to not have pitch black in. That setting might help.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
          X