static meshes in maya PLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

static meshes in maya PLE

i'm sure as HELL not paying 4000 bucks for a copy of maya.

Anyone know the specific feature differences of PLE with Unlimited? other than the camera features.

The Maya PLE uneditor.mll static mesh exporter, ONLY WORKS IN PLE! The Axmesh or whatever its called (found it on UDN) is for complete and unlimited, and doesn't work on PLE. The differences are posted on aliaswavefront.com. Maya PLE is basically Maya Complete, with a few minor limitations. (Single CPU, Watermark...) Good Luck!

Comment

and i think maya only costs $2000, lol.

Comment

ONLY $2000

Comment

The version of Maya I'm using (Maya Unlimited v4.5) is actually worth about 15,000 USD.

Maya Unlimited is fully cabable, multi-format, no watermark, import-exportable, fluids, fur...the works.

Given enough time, you can create films in this software.

Monsters Inc is a good example...almost entirely made in Maya v4.5.

Comment

From what I just heard. Maya Complete is the $4000 and Unlimited is the $7000. I finally got my little problem all solved though. Yay

Comment

Wow, you're right, the price has come down a lot in the last few months.

That'll help Maya a lot in the games industry... Discreet has always enjoyed very high penetration with 3DS Max.

Comment

Working...
              X