xProcMesh Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xProcMesh Tutorials

Does anyone know of a tutorial on xProcMesh actors? I tried searching google and didn't find anything.

I'm trying to make moving flags and having a little difficulty figuring this out. If nobody knows of a tutorial, can someone tell me if the texture I use has to be a shader? The ones that come from the game seem to use Shader meterials.

Ok, So I got the texture down, by just creating a Shader material that uses the Self Illumination channel. But now I have another problem. I can only seem to make the xProcMesh move for a short time, before it slows down to a stop.

I don't understand why it does this, when I set it up exactly the way the flag-banners in CTF-Avaris are set up. So I can't figure out why it does this. Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Comment

AkumuX, sorry i can't answer your question; but, how are you making your xProcMesh?

Comment

Digital Extremes actors seem to lack good documentation.

Comment

Re: xProcMesh Tutorials

Originally posted by AkumuX
          Does anyone know of a tutorial on xProcMesh actors?
          I'll know of a great one in about a week. :up:

Comment

Re: Re: xProcMesh Tutorials

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
            I'll know of a great one in about a week. :up:
            :up:

Comment

Does this mean Angel Mapper is coming to the rescue?

BTW AM, I think I found out what was causing my problem with the warp zones that I asked you about. It seems if you build the portal with any other geometry to close behind it (or perhaps behind it at all) the masked surface of the portal will have trouble displaying the destination correctly. This is why the portal that was located off somewhere else in the map could display the destination back into my main map without problem, but the one located densely inside of the main map was instead showing the insides of the other geometry instead of the destination room.

It seems that changing UseStencil to = True in the UT2003.INI file will correct this, however it won't be changed on most client computers that play the map, thus defeating the purpose. So there may be another solution to the problem, but as of now it seems the rule of thumb is to avoid making warp portals (at least non-magical transporter type warp portals) located too close to other geometry.

Check out this thread to find the source of this info.

Comment

Working...
              X