Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun acts weird

Hello,
    I've added a sunlight to my level and I've made the box where it's in fakebackdrop.
    It worked, but now it seems that only the floor is lighted. The fortress I made in the box is completetly black. And all the lights inside it are suddenly very weak, but they were very bright!!
    What's going on? :?
    Thanks,
    Greetz, Big_Boss_Man

Rebuild All?

Were you sure to hit "rebuild all" after you added your sunlight actor?

Comment

Re: Rebuild All?

Originally posted by Raptor2113
      Were you sure to hit "rebuild all" after you added your sunlight actor?
      Yeah. And it worked.
      But now it doesn'... :S

Comment

You sure your sunlight is pointing in the correct direction?

Comment

Yes.
          But like the real sun, I can't figure that, like on the moon, there are area's lighted and area's black (shadow).

Comment

Post a screenshot of this please and we should be able to figure it out for you.

Comment

In the sunlight properties check under lighting and see if bDynamicLight is set to true. If so set it to false. I'm willing to bet that is the problem I saw it before when I was testing some ideas.

Comment

a sunlight actor wont take into effect radiocity. youll have to simulate that by lighting up shadow areas to make them lighter. otherwise you get a stark contrast between light and dark, and its looks realy awful.

Comment

I think he means that the fortress itself is dark not just the shadowed areas.

Comment

Working...
                  X