Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gun facing wrong way

Hello.

I'm trying to get a custom gun into the game, using the 3dBuzz weapon design vtm's as a guide. Everything is working fine except the gun is facing backward in 3rd person view. I tried adjusting the roll and yaw in the animation browser like it shows in the video but I can't get it to spin round 180 degrees. The gun barley moves even if I use a large number. So how can I get it to face the right direstion? Isn't there a way to fix it without having to re-export it?

taken from the animation browers reference on the udn website
    Rotation
    This simply changes what your mesh orientation will be by default. 3D Studio Max users may want to take note of this, as the viewpoints in Max aren't the same as in Unrealed, which leads to improperly facing models. Yaw is the value that controls the Z-axis rotation. Remember that the rotation amount is given in Unreal Units (URUs), where 90� = 16384 URUs and 180� = 32786 URUs.
    hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Bananna_manuk View Post
      hope that helps
      Kind of but not really. I got the gun facing the other way in the animation browser but it's still facing the wrong way in the game. I saved the package after rotating it around. I re-compiled. No change. I also tried changing the scale to see what would happen and that didn't change either, so it looks like the changes aren't being saved even though I saved the package. I also have a batch file that's deleting the .u file before compiling so I know that isn't the problem either. I'm confused.

Comment

tried rotating the weapon inside your 3d package b4 you export?

Comment

tried rotating the weapon inside your 3d package b4 you export?
          No, that's a last resort. I wanted to try finding out why it isn't working the other way first. Is it odd that the first person gun doesn't also face the wrong way? I'm using the same gun for the 1st and 3rd person views.

Comment

just guessing could it be somthing to do with bone rotation of the root assumig that your using a skeleton?

Comment

just guessing could it be somthing to do with bone rotation of the root assumig that your using a skeleton?
              I don't think so, the skelton has the proper orientation, Z-up and pointed toward X.

Comment

Working...
              X