Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal 2 UnrealEd

Hey guys,
    i'm just getting into the Unreal 2 UnrealEd apart from the UnrealED i've been using for UT2004, some noticable differences and i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this BUT when i try to save it displays an error "The filename you specified has one or more space in it. Unreal filenames cannot contain spaces." Even tho there is no spaces and i've even tried to overwrite one of the existing maps, i mainly want to use this version of UnrealEd for the SMs, particles and textures because when i try open the packages from UT2004's UnrealED it crashes, anyone know why its displaying this error?
    I've installed Unreal 2 from the Unreal Anthology collection which i can only presume that its already patched to the latest version
    cheers guys

Yeah, Unreal2 has got some really stylish stuff, personally I use WotGreal exporter (google it ) if I want to get anything out of Unreal2.

There's a lot of incompatabilites betwween the two, so I don't recommens exporting any meshes or emitters directly, although textures & sounds export just fine, & you can often reconstruct your own emitters using the originals as a guide.

Comment

Awesome, thanks alot for the advice on that program, i'll check it out now, any idea whats wrong with that error message? I know i've had it in the UT2004 UnrealEd before....

Comment

When you try to save what?
        A lot of the import/export is bad on U2Ed.
        Does the path (folders) that you are saving to have a space in it?

Comment

*GASP :O what a dunce..sorry i was trying to save maps....i didnt notice that Unreal Anthology in the directory was 2 words...C:\Unreal Anthology... i renamed it and it all works good now..sorry guys, thanx for your help anyways! :d

Comment

Working...
          X