Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone Info - Zone Fog

Hey,

I'm workin on a new map, and when I use the Zone Info - Zone Fog, the fog is not showing up at all, even in realtime view, after a rebuild.. and not in game either..

Tryin to think of what may be causing this...

You have to create a volume first, then put the zone info in it, then rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
      You have to create a volume first, then put the zone info in it, then rebuild.
      not at all... it should work anywhere aslong there arent multi zoneinfos in same zone.

Comment

Are you sure your zones are properly sealed off against each other?

Comment

I thought the level, when created, had a default physics volume set up automatically. Thus far in my experience when I set up the zone fog, it always worked.

I'll try creating a volume and see if that helps. ThX

Comment

There is a default Physics Volume in a map, and DistanceFog works by default once you place a ZoneInfo in the map and set the various DistanceFog properties in the actor.
            If it isn't working in your map, I would look for map errors instead of trying to hack in a volume fog, as whatever error is occuring may cause other issues.

Comment

Ok, sounds like a good plan of attack.

Well I got sidetracked the other day and I started on a new map, my quickest turnaround ever, lol almost done in 2 days but I worked on it for like 10 hours a day, I will have go back in eventually and deal with this zone fog thing, I cant hide from it forever..

oh ok screenies of new map on my site - couldnt resist (the 48 hour map)

Comment

Did you remember to set bDistanceFog to true in ZoneInfo?

Comment

Yes sir...

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...1#post24926166

Comment

ThX for replies

Comment

Working...
                      X