1st-Person Weapon Anim not importing right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st-Person Weapon Anim not importing right

Hi all. I have a problem that I can't figure out. I have this weapon animation in 3dsMax that I'm importing into UEd, but it keeps coming out all thrown out of whack, with the gun's various objects in different places. The setup is a bunch of objects all linked to a base weapon handle, and animated normally (no IK). I've done this about a dozen times before, but never with this problem.

Any idea what's going? I tried resetting Xforms and re-linking everything, but it only changed the orientation in which everything is screwed.

The only reason I can think of is that you rescaled the bones in Max. At least it works this way in Maya - rescaling bones causes the model to behave strange after importing to Ued, because engine doesn't support keyed scaling.

Comment

The technique I used was to link everything to a dummy, then scale the dummy. That's how you scale animation.

Comment

Did that way of scaling the whole animation worked for other meshes? I always try to avoid any scaling - it can be adjusted in Ued anyway.

Comment

Yes, it worked for everything else. Very strange.

Comment

Working...
          X