Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get off the default Jakob skin while online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for the feedback guys but you aren't getting the full issue. My issue is not just with custom skins. I can set my character to a stock skin that comes directly from the UT cd and it still shows Jakob.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can create a new skin which is useable on server by making a package called <CharacterName>Mod.u (i.e. for a skin called Reaper, it would be ReaperMod.u). In there you have to make a class extending PlayerRecordClass.
    So the classname + packagename would be ReaperMod.Reaper. After that add both ReaperMod and Reaper skin packages to ServerPackages.

To make your PlayerRecordClass you just have to fill in these properties in the defaultproperties:
    Code:
    var() class<SpeciesType>        Species;                // Species
    var() String                    MeshName;               // Mesh type
    var() String                    BodySkinName;           // Body texture name
    var() String                    FaceSkinName;           // Face texture name
    var() Material                  Portrait;               // Menu picture
    var() String                    TextName;               // Decotext reference
    var() String                    VoiceClassName;         // voice pack class name - overrides species default
    var() string					Sex;
    var() string					Menu;					// info for menu displaying characters	
    var() string					Skeleton;				// skeleton mesh, if it differs from the species default		
    var() string				    Ragdoll;

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We used to have Darth Vader installed on my previous clan's server.
    It'd only work if the server has the skin and your client has the skin.
    Other players wont see the skin unless they have it installed on their client.

We had problems getting it to work too. Sometimes it would work and other times it wouldnt work at all. Sometimes you would join in and play as Jakob, then after u got fragged once, you'd respawn and see ur character as Darth Vader, and so did the other players (who had the skin installed of course).

Custom skins are cool but almost more trouble than what their worth... There must be some setting somewhere thats not jiving... hmmmm sorry I cant offer advice but I have felt ur pain

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had the same problem you're having with custom skins, but all my default skins work fine, but I was never able to figure out what the problem was...I just wanted to play as sailor moon dangit...hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kain Lightfoot View Post
    When I'm online, no matter what character I pick, stock or custom, and I press F4, all it shows is "Jakob". Also, when I ask other players what I look like, they say it looks like "Jakob".
    Even if I have a stock skin activated like brock or something it still shows the default skins for me and for everyone else. I can't pick any skins.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its because the other people or the server doesnt have the skin ur using.

Leave a comment:

• Can't get off the default Jakob skin while online.

I've been editing some skins for the server I play on and somehow messed with something I shouldn't have. It's not the skins because I zipped them and people are downloading them and are having no problems. When I'm online, no matter what character I pick, stock or custom, and I press F4, all it shows is "Jakob". Also, when I ask other players what I look like, they say it looks like "Jakob".

When I'm offline and do instant action, my character appears as the one I defined in settings. However, when I go back to settings while still on the game and change my character to something else, it does not change until I die or suicide. Then, once I go back to my settings again (1 or 2 times later), the "3d" view of the characters are no longer straight looking but in an isometric view where the head gets closer and then farther away as you rotate them.

I've uninstalled the program and deleted the ut2004 folder and reinstalled the program and still have the same problem ...any thoughts?
Working...
X